Clubs & Events
Robinson MBA Alumni Club
The Robinson MBA Alumni Club exists to promote the interests of MBA alumni and increase the value and visibility of the Robinson MBA through programs, services and activities that foster personal growth, enhance professional development and motivate civic contribution.
What We Do
- Organize business programs which emphasize professional development and personal growth. Events feature distinguished speakers, topical panel discussions and other activities. These programs are designed to keep members well-informed regarding developments and trends in business and to encourage mutual learning.
- Organize social events aimed at strengthening members professional development and interaction. They provide networking opportunities that encourage members to get acquainted, have fun, forge business contacts and pursue shared interests in a stimulating and receptive environment.
- Foster closer ties between club members and the Robinson College of Business including students and faculty.
- Serve as a resource to local communities through programs and activities that share members’ expertise in various business disciplines. These are designed to generate closer ties between business and local communities and consist of educational programs, consultative activities, and sponsorship of events.
We welcome the participation of current MBA students, guests and other interested parties. However, some services, such as the networking database of alumni, are exclusively for use of active MBA alumni.
- Alumni Association clubs coordinator
PMBA Alumni Club
The Robinson PMBA Alumni Club is a global networking resource for GSU’s Professional MBA Alumni that seeks to attract an active and loyal membership base while providing resources to educate and build awareness of the GSU PMBA program.
The Club’s Purpose
- Education: To stimulate a continuous interest in the university through interesting meetings and programs where members of the faculty and administration of Georgia State can share news of the university.
- Networking: To create an environment within the community through which Georgia State University PMBA Alumni meet and assist one another professionally and socially.
- Community: To organize GSU PMBA Alumni and friends as a team to support the surrounding communities through volunteer efforts
- Build awareness: To promote a positive image of the University and its PMBA program in the community through events and the dissemination of information regarding the networking, social and educational opportunities available.
- Naomi Leader
- PMBA Alumni Club advisor
- Sara Manning
- PMBA Alumni Club president
Not a member?Join now!
CIS Alumni Club & AIS Student Chapter at GSU
The Computer Information Systems Alumni Club and the evolving AIS (Association for Information Systems) Student Chapter at GSU are focused on professional development through networking and continuing education opportunities. Interested alumni (and existing students) are encouraged to become involved.
- CIS Alumni Club
- Walter Rich
- AIS Student Chapter
- David McDonald
EMBA Alumni Club
The Robinson EMBA Alumni Club enhances the value of your Robinson EMBA degree via programs and tools that will strengthen your career and continue your personal development. The EMBA Alumni Club is designed to provide the means for its members to have mutually beneficial communications, to exchange ideas and experiences, and to connect with others who know the value of networking.
EMBA Alumni Club events website »
Alumni Entrepreneur Network
The Alumni Entrepreneur Network aids entrepreneurs through networking and educational programming, creating a forum in which established and would-be business persons can share expertise in knowledge creation and practical experiences as well as the excitement and risks of creating and managing new enterprises.
Programming is reflected by the desires of club constituents: knowledge creation; community engagement; marketing; business ethics; network building. The AEN often partners with the Robinson College of Business’s Russell Center for International Entrepreneurship, particularly with networking receptions and attending its annual Business Plan Competition.
- Mr. Dorie M. Jackson
The School of Hospitality Administration needs hospitality alumni to assist with student recruitment activities. Alumni will have the opportunity to accompany School of Hospitality staff to high school seminars or on-campus events to recruit potential students to the program. If you are interested in participating, call 404-413-7615.
- Debra Cannon
Marketing Alumni Society
The Marketing Alumni Society focuses on fellowship and furthering knowledge. In just its first year, the society’s quarterly events boasted presentations from and access to some of Atlanta’s marketing masterminds from companies such as AirTran; Monster.com; Atlanta Spirit Group (Hawks, Thrashers and Phillips Arena owners); Atlanta Convention & Visitors Bureau; and Chick-fil-A.
- Elizabeth Gordon
The Real Estate Alumni Club serves and supports Georgia State University Real Estate alumni, students and faculty in ways that enable the Real Estate Department to become one of the nation’s premiere real estate programs and provides alumni with opportunities for professional and social networking.
- Sara Smith
Personal Financial Planning
Quarterly events keep Personal Financial Planning graduates involved socially and sharp professionally. Speakers’ topics cover the gamut: sometimes focusing on niche markets like divorce planning; other times on the human aspect in prospective client intake; and others, matters on everyone’s minds, e.g. the mortgage crisis. Meetings are low-key and friendly, and open to any interested, regardless of industry.
- Larren Odom
The newly formed Health Administration Alumni Club is for graduates in health administration and other related fields.
- Lisette Branscomb