The J. Mack Robinson College of Business has established a formal mentoring program to foster the tradition of a mentor/mentee partnership. The program provides benefits to the mentor, the mentee and the Robinson College of Business. Students, new to the corporate world, have been enriched with insights into the structure of the business world, engaged by networking opportunities and become more proficient in their area of expertise. In our pursuit of excellence, we at Robinson aspire to cultivate such mentor/mentee relationships with the support of the business community.
As a mentor to Robinson College honors students, you are helping to transform their lives.
Investing in Robinson Honors students yields unique rewards, allowing mentors to:
- serve as a role model for aspiring professionals
- form social capital between experienced and emerging leaders
- validate their aspirations and boost their confidence
- become a counselor, coach and confidante
- share expertise and the essence of life experiences
- capture surprising reflections about themselves and their work that may otherwise never have crystallized