The Power of Global Competency
How business is conducted in China can affect how it’s conducted in Atlanta. Robinson’s Executive MBA program fully embraces the need to understand the risks and opportunities of competing in the global market. Global Markets and Transnational Strategy (EMBA 8425) is built around the Robinson Country Intelligence Index (RCII), a unique and dynamic interactive tool that incorporates governance, economics, operations and society (GEOS) to determine the risk of doing business in 195 countries.
Students use the RCII to work on a project for a company from the country they will visit during the international residency (EMBA 8650).
Executive leadership development and global competency are integral themes of Robinson’s EMBA program and “baked in” to each course.
The curriculum touches all aspects of the enterprise as it pertains to today’s global markets and is designed to equip leaders with the vision and strategic thinking skills necessary to improve organizations as well as solve real business challenges.
Before classes begin, students are given a series of self-assessments; complete an online accounting assessment; and attend a full-day accounting refresher course followed by Introduction to Executive Management, an intense introductory course that takes place over three days.
During Introduction to Executive Management, students meet their team that will stay with them the entire 17 months. Students will have the opportunity to meet their leadership coaches, evaluate their self-assessments, and engage in team-based case work.
6 courses | 14 hours
- EMBA 8025 – Financial & Cost Accounting (3.5 hours)
- EMBA 8700 – Firms, Markets, Context (1.5 hours)
- EMBA 8800 – Executive Leadership and the Senior Management Team (3 hours)
- EMBA 8007 – Fundamentals of Accounting (1.5 hours)
- EMBA 8000 – Introduction to Executive Management (3 hours)
- EMBA 8015 – Leading through Strategic Communication (1.5 hours)
5 courses | 9.5 hours
- EMBA 8150 – Data Analytics and Decision Making (1.5 hours)
- EMBA 8710 – Resource Based Management (2 hours)
- EMBA 8200 – Legal and Ethical Environment of Business (1.5 hours)
- EMBA 8545 – International Marketing Practices (3 hours)
- EMBA 8010 – Strategic Digital Transformation (1.5 hours)
5 courses | 7.5 hours
- EMBA 8450 – Asset Valuation, Analysis and Selection (3 hours)
- EMBA 8355 – Operations and Quality Management (1.5 hours)
- EMBA 8250 – Strategic Marketing Management (1.5 hours)
- EMBA 8100 – Organizational Behavior for Executives (1.5 hours)
- EMBA 8430 – Negotiation (1.5 hours)
4 courses | 10.5 hours
- EMBA 8810 – Corporate Strategy and Responsibility (2.5 hours)
- EMBA 8500 – Corporate Financial Policy (3 hours)
- EMBA 8820 – Leading the Enterprise (3 hours)
- EMBA 8425 – Strategic Assessment in Global Market (2 hours)
1 course | 4.5 hours
- EMBA 8650 – International Management Practices (International Trip Residency, 4.5 hours)