Jayant R. Kale
H. Talmage Dobbs, Jr. Chair of Finance
J. Mack Robinson College of Business
Georgia State University
Room: 1234, RCB Building
Ph.D., University of Texas
P.D.M., Indian Institute of Management
B.S., Birla Institute of Technology and Science
Kale’s primary interest is in corporate finance with particular emphasis on the role of incentives and product markets. Kale has published numerous articles in journals, including Journal of Financial Economics, Journal of Finance, Review of Financial Studies, Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Management Science, and RAND Journal of Economics. He was the co-editor of the Journal of Financial Research from January 2001- December 2006. He has taught at Nanyang Technological University in Singapore, Indian School of Business in Hyderabad, India, and the Indian Institute of Management Bangalore in India, where he has a joint appointment.
- Huang, Lixin and Jayant R. Kale, “Product Market Linkages, Manager Quality, and Mutual Fund Performance,” forthcoming, Review of Finance.
- Kale, Jayant R., Costanza Meneghetti, Husayn Shahrur, “Contracting with Non-Financial Stakeholders and Corporate Capital Structure: The Case of Product Warranties,” forthcoming, Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis.
- Kale, Jayant R., Omesh Kini, and Janet D. Payne, “The dividend initiation decision of newly public firms: some evidence on signaling with dividends,” Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Volume 47, No. 2, April 2012, 365-396.
- Ping Hu, Jayant R. Kale, Marco Pagani, and Ajay Subramanian, “Fund Flows, Performance, Managerial Career Concerns, and Risk-Taking,” Management Science, Volume 57, No. 4, April 2011, 628-646.
- Kale, Jayant R. and Yee Cheng Loon, “Product Market Power and Stock Market Liquidity,” Journal of Financial Markets, Volume 14, 2011, 376-410.