Faculty Job Openings
J. Mack Robinson College of Business Faculty Openings for 2015-2016 Academic Year
Georgia State University invites applications for multiple full-time tenure-track and non-tenure-track faculty positions in several departments for appointments in the 2015-16 academic year, which begins in August 2015. Positions in some departments may be available as early as January 2015.
We are conducting rank open searches for tenure-track faculty appointments in the following areas: Accountancy, Finance, Health Administration, Managerial Sciences (Strategic Management and Organizational Behavior/Human Resource Management), Marketing, Real Estate, Risk Management and Insurance (including Actuarial Science and Legal Studies), and in a 2CI (Second Century Initiatives) position focused on Big Data. Chair or professorship appointments may be available for outstanding senior candidates.
We are also conducting rank open searches for non-tenure-track faculty appointments at the rank of clinical assistant or associate professor or lecturer in the following areas: Accountancy, Computer Information Systems, Health Administration, and Risk Management and Insurance (Legal Studies).
Positions are contingent on final budget approval by the University. Salary, teaching loads, and other types of support are competitive with other research universities.
- School of Accountancy – tenure track
- School of Accountancy – non tenure track
- Department of Computer Information Systems – non tenure track clinical faculty
- Center for Ethics and Corporate Responsibility – director/non tenure track clinical faculty
- Department of Computer Information Systems or Institute of Health Administration – non tenure track clinical faculty
- Department of Finance – tenure track
- Department of Managerial Sciences, Organizational Behavior/Human Resource Management – tenure track
- Department of Managerial Sciences, Strategic Management – tenure track
- Department of Marketing, Business Communications – non tenure track
- Department of Marketing, Marketing and Sales – non tenure track
- Department of Marketing – tenure track
- Department of Real Estate – tenure track
- Department of Risk Management & Insurance, Actuarial Sciences – tenure track
- Department of Risk Management & Insurance, Legal Studies – tenure track and non tenure track
- Big Data – tenure track
- Business Analytics – visiting faculty
Georgia State University’s J. Mack Robinson College of Business is one of the largest business schools in the country with an enrollment of approximately 8,000 students, including about 1,800 master’s students and more than 100 doctoral students. Our part-time MBA program for working professionals is ranked among the best by Bloomberg Businessweek and U.S. News & World Report. Our Executive MBA is ranked among the best in the world by the Financial Times; and U.S. News ranks our undergraduate program 35th among those at public universities and 47th overall. Georgia State University is located in the heart of Atlanta and has strong ties with Atlanta’s business leaders, many of whom are alumni of the Robinson College.
Minimum qualifications for tenure-track faculty positions include an appropriate research doctorate (by the time of appointment), demonstrated ability to conduct high quality research publishable in the leading journals, and strong teaching capability. For more senior positions, a national and international reputation and a strong and current record of academic achievement in research, teaching and service are expected. Minimum qualifications for non-tenure-track clinical faculty positions include an appropriate research doctorate, strong teaching performance, and evidence of publishing capability, as well as strong connection to practice of the discipline. For lecturer positions, minimum qualifications include strong teaching performance and highest degree may be an appropriate master’s degree.
Positions may be filled beginning November 2014; applications will be reviewed until positions are filled. Letters of applications and resumes (indicating Department to which they should be directed) may be sent to RCBFacultyRecruiting@gsu.edu. Candidates who are unable to send their materials electronically may mail letters of application and resumes to:
Faculty Recruiting – [Department]
c/o Dana R. Carter, Deans Office
J. Mack Robinson College of Business
Georgia State University
P.O. Box 3989
Atlanta, GA 30302-3989
Georgia State University, a unit of the University System of Georgia, is an equal opportunity education institution and is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer.