Faculty Job Openings
J. Mack Robinson College of Business Faculty Openings for 2014-2015 Academic Year
Georgia State University invites applications for multiple full-time tenure-track and non-tenure-track faculty positions in several departments for appointments in the 2014-15 academic year, which begins in August 2014.
Rank is open, but we expect to make tenure-track appointments at the rank of associate or full professor as well as assistant professor in Accountancy, in Managerial Sciences (in Strategic Management and in OBHR), and in Risk Management and Insurance (Actuarial Science); at assistant or associate professor in Finance and in Real Estate; at associate or full professor in Hospitality; at associate or advanced assistant professor in Computer Information Systems; at assistant professor in Risk Management and Insurance (in Mathematical Finance and in Legal Studies). We also invite applications for senior positions (endowed chair appointments) in Finance and Risk Management and Insurance and for senior positions for 2CI (Second Century Initiatives) positions focused on Big Data (one) and on the economics of household risk in the Atlanta urban poor (two).
We also invite applications for open rank non-tenure-track positions: we expect to hire at the rank of clinical assistant/associate/professor or lecturer/senior lecturer in Accountancy; at clinical assistant professor in Managerial Sciences (in Strategic Management); and in Risk Management and Insurance (Legal Studies); and at clinical assistant/associate professor in Computer Information Systems.
Positions are contingent on final budget approval by the University. Salary, teaching loads, and other types of support are competitive with other research universities.
- School of Accountancy – tenure track
- School of Accountancy – non tenure track
- Second Century Initiative – Big Data
- Department of Computer Information Systems – tenure track
- Department of Computer Information Systems – non tenure track
- Department of Finance – Distinguished Chairs
- Department of Finance – tenure track
- School of Hospitality – tenure track
- Department of Managerial Sciences, Strategic Management – non tenure track
- Department of Managerial Sciences, Organizational Behavior/Human Resource Management – tenure track
- Department of Managerial Sciences, Strategic Management – tenure track
- Department of Marketing – Pennebaker Chair of Direct Marketing
- Department of Real Estate – tenure track
- Department of Risk Management & Insurance – Second Century Initiative
- Department of Risk Management & Insurance, Actuarial Science – tenure track
- Department of Risk Management & Insurance – Distinguished Chairs
- Department of Risk Management & Insurance, Legal Studies – tenure track or non tenure track
- Department of Risk Management & Insurance, Mathematical Finance – tenure track
- Faculty Position and President of World Affairs Council
Georgia State University’s J. Mack Robinson College of Business is one of the largest business schools in the country with an enrollment of approximately 8,000 students, including about 1,800 master’s students and more than 100 doctoral students. Our part-time MBA program for working professionals is ranked among the best by Bloomberg Businessweek and U.S. News & World Report. Our Executive MBA is among the best in the world by the Financial Times; and U.S. News ranks our undergraduate program 36th among those at public universities and 56th overall. Georgia State University is located in the heart of Atlanta and has strong ties with Atlanta’s business leaders, many of whom are alumni of the Robinson College.
Minimum qualifications for tenure-track faculty positions include an appropriate research doctorate (by the time of appointment), demonstrated ability to conduct high quality research publishable in the leading journals, and strong teaching capability. For more senior positions, a national and international reputation and a strong and current record of academic achievement in research, teaching and service are expected. Minimum qualifications for non-tenure-track clinical faculty positions include an appropriate research doctorate, strong teaching performance, and evidence of publishing capability, as well as strong connection to practice of the discipline. For lecturer/senior lecturer positions, minimum qualifications include strong teaching performance and highest degree may be an appropriate master’s degree.
Positions may be filled beginning November 15, 2013; applications will be reviewed until positions are filled. Letters of applications and resumes (indicating Department to which they should be directed) may be sent to RCBFacultyRecruiting@gsu.edu. Candidates who are unable to send their materials electronically may mail letters of application and resumes to:
Faculty Recruiting – [Department]
c/o Dana R. Carter, Deans Office
J. Mack Robinson College of Business
Georgia State University
P.O. Box 3989
Atlanta, GA 30302-3989