- Ph.D., information systems, Arizona State University
- MBA, Regis University
- B.S., computer science, Colorado Mesa University
- health IT Adoption, assimilation, and outcomes
- consumer and patient-oriented ISs
- digital behavior change interventions (DBCIs)
Dr. Baird’s research primarily focuses on Health IT adoption, assimilation, and outcomes. He is particularly interested in assimilation and use of EHRs, telehealth, and patient-oriented ISs, such as patient portals and mHealth apps. He has collaborated with a variety health systems and agencies including Pruitt Health, Grady Health System, Mayo Clinic, and the Maricopa County Department of Public Health. Prior to obtaining his Ph.D. in Information Systems at the W. P. Carey School of Business at Arizona State University, he was a Programmer Analyst, Lead Software Developer, and Project Manager for a variety of companies including Penton Media, the University of California San Diego, and Data Systems and Solutions (a joint venture between SAIC and Rolls-Royce). Dr. Baird has served as a board member for Arizona HIMSS, Georgia HIMSS, and is currently a research associate for the Center for Health IT (CHIT) and the Center for Process Innovation (CEPRIN).
- Baird, A., Davidson, L., and Mathiassen, L. “Reflective technology assimilation: Facilitating electronic health record assimilation in small physician practices.” Journal of Management Information Systems, Forthcoming.
- Baird, A., Miller, C., T. S. Raghu, and Sinha, R. K. “Product line extension in consumer software markets in the presence of free alternatives,” Information Systems Research, 2016 (27:2), 282-031.
- Baird, A. and T. S. Raghu. “Associating consumer preferences with business models for digital services,” European Journal of Information Systems, 2015 (24), 4-22.
- Baird, A., Furukawa, M., Rahman, B., and Schneller, G. “Corporate governance and the adoption of Health Information Technology within Integrated Delivery Systems,” Health Care Management Review, 2014 (39:3), 234-244.
- Baird, A., T. S. Raghu, North, F., and Edwards, F. “When traditionally inseparable services are separated by technology: The case of patient portal features offered by Primary Care Providers,” Health Systems, 2014 (3:2), 143-158.
- Rai, A., Chen, L., Pye, J., and Baird, A. “Understanding determinants of consumer mobile health (mHealth) usage intentions, assimilation, and channel preferences,” Journal of Medical Internet Research, 2013 (15:8 e149), 1-20.
- Baird, A., Furukawa, M., and T. S. Raghu. “Understanding contingencies associated with the early adoption of customer-facing web portals,” Journal of Management Information Systems, 2012 (29:2), 293-324