- MBA, Barney School of Business, University of Hartford (W. Hartford, CT)
- M.Ed., Springfield College (Springfield, MA)
- B.A., cum laude – University at Albany (Albany, NY)
- public and media relations, crisis communications, sports
- Sport Business Journal‘s Professional Sports Internet Survey (2002, 2004 and 2005). Created exclusive sports internet audit ranking of all 121 professional sports franchises web sites and published in Sports Business Journal.
Invited Conferences and Presentations
- “Houston … we have a problem. Crisis Communications in Sports” (October 2003) ECAC Annual Convention . Hyannis, MA.
- “Marketing, Licensing and Fundraising on the Internet (moderator)” (June 2003) 12th Annual NACMA Convention, Orlando, FL.
- UMass PRISM Award. Secured funding (Sports Business Daily) to underwrite department’s industry award, annually presented to a major league and minor league professional sports franchise.
- McGowan, A. and Bouris, G. (2005). Sport Communications in Masteralexis, L., Barr, C. & Hums, M. (eds.) in Principles and Practice of Sport Management, 2nd Ed. Jones & Bartlett. Sudbury, MA.
- “The key to building a better Web site? Follow these 5 steps,” Sports Business Journal, Vol. 6 (40), (February 1, 2004).
- “Don’t Wait for a Crisis to write a crisis plan,” Sports Business Journal, Vol. 4, (23), September 24, 2001.