Ph.D., Marketing, Michigan State University
MBA, Marketing/Finance, University of Wisconsin
BBA, University of Wisconsin
Inter-organizational relationships in international, cross-border contexts such as global alliances, business-to-business, and distribution channels such as exporter-importer settings
Daniel C. Bello is director of the Institute of International Business at Georgia State University in Atlanta, Georgia (USA). Previously, he was on the faculty at the University of Notre Dame and held management positions in the Product Development Group at Ford Motor Company. His research interests focus on inter-organizational relationships in contexts such as alliances, business-to-business, and distribution channels in international settings.
He has published widely in professional journals such as Journal of Marketing, Organization Science and Journal of International Business Studies, among others. Currently, he serves as marketing editor (2007-2016) of the Journal of International Business Studies, a scholarly journal published by the Academy of International Business. Previously, he served as editor-in-chief (2003-2007) of the Journal of International Marketing, a scholarly journal focusing on international marketing and published by the American Marketing Association. He also has served or serves on the editorial review boards of the Journal of Marketing, Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science, Journal of International Marketing and Journal of Business Research, among others. In 2015 he received the lifetime achievement award in global marketing from the American Marketing Association’s special interest group.
- Obadia, Claude, Daniel C. Bello, David Gilliland, “Effect of Exporter’s Incentives on Foreign Distributor’s Role Performance,” Journal of International Business Studies, forthcoming 2016.
- Liu, Leigh Anne, W. Adair, and Daniel C. Bello, “Fit, Misfit, and Beyond Fit: Relational Metaphors and Semantic Fit in International Joint Ventures,” Journal of International Business Studies, forthcoming 2015.
- Bello, Daniel C., “Global Distribution Channels,” Wiley International Encyclopedia of Marketing ed. by J. Sheth and N. Malhotra, Volume 6 International Marketing, John Wiley & Sons Limited, 2011.
- Bello, Daniel C., C. Katsikeas, and M. Robson, “Does Accommodating a Self-Serving Partner in an International Marketing Alliance Payoff?” Journal of Marketing, Vol. 74 (November 2010), 77-93.
- Katsikeas, Constance, Dionysis Skarmeas, and Daniel C. Bello, “Developing Successful Trust-based International Exchange Relationships,” Journal of International Business Studies, Vol. 40 (1), 2009, pp. 132-155.
- Robson, Matthew, Constance Katsikeas, and Daniel C. Bello, “Driver and Performance Outcomes of Trust in International Strategic Alliances: The Role of Organizational Complexity,” Organization Science, Vol. 19 (4), 2008, pp. 647-665.