- Ph.D., University of Tennessee
- M.S., University of Tennessee
- B.B.A., Georgia State University
- foodservice management
- restaurant management
- food safety
- culinary management
Dr. Donetta Poisson received her Ph.D. from the University of Tennessee, with an emphasis in Retail, Hospitality and Tourism Management, Cognate in Marketing (2009) as well as her Master of Science in Consumer Sciences (2007). She began at the University of Tennessee in 2005 as a graduate teaching assistant.
Donetta has more than 15 years of industry experience in restaurant management including positions with Ruby Tuesday and Don Pablo’s Mexican Kitchen as well as working in the private club and airline sectors. Additionally, she is a member of the National Restaurant Association, is a certified ServSafe Food Safety instructor and proctor, and has received her Certified Food Service Educator designation from the Food Service Educators Learning Community as well as the Foodservice Management Professional credential through the ManageFirst Program. Dr. Poisson is a member of NRA, NAPW, and NEWH.
Dr. Poisson is a Georgia State University alumna graduating with a B.B.A. in 1999 from the Cecil B. Day School of Hospitality Administration.
- Wanda M. Costen, Misty M. Johanson, Donetta K. Poisson (2010). “The development of quality managers in the hospitality industry: do employee development programs make cents?” Journal of Human Resources in Hospitality and Tourism. Vol. 9 (2010), No. 2.
- Poisson, Donetta. Chen, Rachel (2010). “Multiple on-site winery festivals: tourist motivations, winery festival destination performance, and repatronage intention.” Tourism Analysis, 2010, Vol. 15 Issue 5, p 585-589.