- EDB, Georgia State University, Robinson College of Business
- MBA, Old Dominion University
- B.S., computer science, Edinboro University
- enterprise systems
- SAP and ecosystem
- emerging methodologies and technologies
- project, program and delivery management
Dr. Doug Battleson designs and teaches the Enterprise Systems (ES) concentration for the Master of Science in Information Systems (MSIS) program. This includes experiential learning by doing the business processes and configuring an SAP system and emerging ES methodologies and technologies. He works with industry partners to facilitate student internships, job placements, curriculum input, and research.
Dr. Battleson’s research includes turning around failing complex information technology (IT) projects and cloud computing. He has been published in the European Journal of Information Systems (EJIS) and in IEEE IT Professional.
Dr. Battleson has 24 years of industry experience which includes continual greater leadership and managerial roles and responsibilities. He is Project Management Professional (PMP) certified.
- Battleson, D., West, B., Kim, J., Ramesh, B., and Robinson, S. (2015). Achieving Dynamic Capabilities with Cloud Computing: An Empirical Investigation, European Journal of Information Systems, advance online publication November 24, doi: 10.1057/ejis.2015.12.
- West, B., Battleson, D., Kim, J., and Ramesh, B. (2014). Achieving Dynamic Capabilities with Cloud Computing, IEEE IT Professional, 16(6), 18-24.
- Battleson, Douglas A. and Ramesh, Balasubramaniam, Sensemaking in Enterprise Resource Planning Project Deescalation: An Empirical Study (September 20, 2013). Third Annual International Conference on Engaged Management Scholarship, Atlanta, Georgia. September 19-22, 2013. Paper 5.2. Available at SSRN
- Nominated for Best Qualitative Conference Paper