Ph.D Finance, Cornell University, Johnson Graduate School of Management
MA Economics, Vanderbilt University
BA Economics, Gazi University
Hedge Fund Industry
Structure of Debt Markets
Hadiye Aslan is an assistant professor of finance at the J. Mack Robinson College of Business at Georgia State University. Professor Aslan received her Ph.D. in finance from Cornell University and her M.A. in Economics from Vanderbilt University. Professor Aslan’s research interests focus on empirical corporate finance and governance, financial intermediation, and hedge fund industry.
She is the recipient of:
- The S.A.C. Capital Advisors, L.P. Prize for the Best Conference Paper, European Finance Association Annual Meetings, 2013.
- LeRoy and Lucielle Melcher Excellence in Teaching Award, University of Houston, 2010.
- McGraw-Hill Distinguished Paper Prize in Finance from the Southwestern Finance Association, 2010.
- Barclays Global Investors Prize for the Best Paper at the 22nd Australasian Finance and Banking Conference, 2009.
- Barclays Global Investors Prize for the Best Paper (second runner-up) presented at the European Finance Association meetings by a current or recent Ph.D. candidate, 2006.
- Lehman Brothers Fellowship for Research Excellence in Finance, 2004.
- Aslan, H. and Kumar, P., “The Product Market Effects of Hedge Fund Activism,” 2015, Journal of Financial Economics, forthcoming.
- Aslan, H. and Kumar, P., “Stapled Financing, Value Certification, and Lending Efficiency,” 2015, Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, forthcoming.
- Aslan, H. and Kumar, P., “Lemons or Cherries? Growth Opportunities and Market Temtations in Going Public or Private,” Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Vol. 46, Issue 2, 2011, pp. 489-526.
- Aslan, H., “Strategic Ownership Structure and the Cos of Debt,” Review of Financial Studies, Vol. 25, 2012, pp. 2257-2299.