Ph.D., Emory University
M.B.A., Kennesaw State University
B.B.A., Sofia University, Bulgaria
Professor Tafkov’s research investigates the effect of economic and behavioral factors on managerial decision-making.
- Choi, W., A. Newman, and I. Tafkov. “A Marathon, a Series of Sprints, or Both? Tournament Horizon and Task Complexity in Multi-Period Settings,” forthcoming at The Accounting Review (slated for September 2016 issue).
- Choi, W., G. Hecht, I. Tafkov, and K. Towry. “Vicarious Learning under Implicit Contracts,” forthcoming at The Accounting Review (slated for July 2016 issue).
- Newman, A. and I. Tafkov. 2014. “Relative Performance Information in Tournaments with Different Prize Structures,” Accounting, Organizations and Society, Vol. 39(5), 348-361.
- Hannan, L., G. McPhee, A. Newman, and I. Tafkov. 2013. “The Effect of Relative Performance Information on Performance and Effort Allocation in a Multi-Task Environment,” The Accounting Review, Vol. 88(2), 553-575.
- Tafkov, I. 2013. “Private and Public Relative Performance Information under Different Incentive Contracts,” The Accounting Review, Vol. 88(1), 327-350.
- Hecht, G., I. Tafkov, and K. Towry. 2012. “Performance Spillover in a Multi-Task Environment,” Contemporary Accounting Research, Vol. 29 (2), 563-589.