- Ph.D., Georgia State University (Information Systems), 2005
- M.B.A., University of Maryland (General Management), 2001
- M.Sc., University of Maryland (Information Systems), 2001
- B.S., Tsing Hua University (Industrial Engineering), 1995
Dr. J.J. Po-An Hsieh is an associate professor in the Department of Computer Information Systems at the Robinson College of Business at Georgia State University (GSU). Before joining GSU, he served as a professor of MIS in the Department of Management and Marketing, as well as the director of the HK-based Doctor Business Administration (DBA) and China-based Doctor of Business Management (DMgt) programs in Hong Kong Polytechnic University. He also served as an associate editor for MIS Quarterly from 2011-2014. In addition, he is a research associate in the Center of Process Innovation (CEPRIN) at Georgia State University. He has conducted research in the areas of business intelligence, big data, digital divide, adoption and use of IT, CRM, and knowledge management. His teaching interests include IT strategy and IT-enabled organizational transformation and innovation. He has years of professional experience in e-commerce, high-tech, and international business. He received his Ph.D. from Georgia State University, an M.B.A and M.S. dual degree from University of Maryland, College Park, and a B.S. from Tsinghua University.
His research works have been accepted by such premier journals as MIS Quarterly (MISQ), Management Science (MS), Information Systems Research (ISR), Journal of Applied Psychology (JAP), and European Journal of Information Systems (EJIS), among others. He has also provided consulting services for leading organizations like Morgan Stanley, Netflix, Capegemini, Accenture, China Mobile, Bank of China Hong Kong, Orient Overseas Container Line (OOCL), China Telecom, People’s Insurance Company of China, the Ministry of Environmental Protection, and the Ministry of Industry and Information Technology.
His paper titled “Addressing Digital Inequality for the Socio-economically Disadvantaged through Government Initiatives: Forms for Capital that Affect ICT Utilization” has received the 2012 Annual Best Published Journal Paper Award by the Organization Communication and Information Systems (OCIS) division of the Academy of Management (AOM). This award is generally perceived as a prestigious recognition by the worldwide IS research community. He is the recipient of both the 2014 Faculty of Business Fellow Award and 2010 Faculty Award for Outstanding Achievement in Research at Hong Kong Polytechnic University. He received the Best Track Paper Award at International Conferences on Information Systems (ICIS) 2008. His paper was also nominated for 2011 Annual Best Paper Award by Management Science.
Peer Reviewed Journals
- Liwei Chen, J.J. Po-An Hsieh, Evert Van de Vliert, and Xu Huang, “Cross-National Differences in Individual Knowledge-Seeking Patterns: A Climato-Economic Contextualization,” European Journal of Information Systems, 2015, 24(3), pp. 314-336.
- Xu Huang, J.J. Po-An Hsieh, and Joy He, “Expertise Dissimilarity and Creativity: Can Sharing Tacit and Explicit Knowledge Enhance Creativity?”, Journal of Applied Psychology (A journal in management), 2014, 99(5), pp. 816-830.
- Heshan Sun, Yulin Fang, and J.J. Po-An Hsieh, “Consuming Information Systems: An Economic Model of User,” Decision Support Systems, 2014, 57(1), pp. 188-199.
- Clayton A. Looney, David Firth, Hope Kock, Dubravka Cecez-Kecmanovic, J.J. Po-An Hsieh, Christina Soh, Joseph Valacich, and Edgar Whitley, “The Credibility Crisis in IS: A Global Stakeholder Perspective,” Communications of the AIS, 2014, 34(1), pp. 1175-1189.
- Xixi Li, J.J. Po-An Hsieh, and Arun Rai, “Motivational Differences Across Post-Acceptance IS Usage Behaviors,” Information Systems Research, 2013, 24(3), pp. 653-682.
- J.J. Po-An Hsieh, Piyush Sharma, Arun Rai, and A. Parasuraman, “Exploring the Zone of Tolerance for Internal Customers in IT-Enabled Call Centers,” Journal of Service Research, 2013, 16(3), pp. 277-294.
- Wei Wang, Xixi Li, and J.J. Po-An Hsieh, “The Contingent Effect of Personal IT Innovativeness and IT Self-Efficacy on Innovative Use of Complex IT,” Behaviour & IT, 2013, 32(11), pp. 1105-1124.
- J.J. Po-An Hsieh, Arun Rai, Stacie Petter, and Ting Zhang, “Impact of User Satisfaction with Mandated CRM Use on Employee Service Quality,” MIS Quarterly, 2012, 36(4), pp. 1065-1080.
- J.J. Po-An Hsieh, Mark Keil, Jonny Holmstrom, and Lynette Kvasny, “The Bumpy Road to Universal Access: An Actor-Network Analysis of a US Municipal Broadband Internet Initiative,” The Information Society, 2012, 28(4), pp. 264-283.
- Qiang Ye, Bin Fang, Wei He, and J.J. Po-An Hsieh, “Can Social Capital be Transferred Cross the Boundary of the Real and Virtual Worlds? An Empirical Investigation of Twitter,” Journal of Electronic Commerce Research, 2012, 13(2), pp. 145-156.
- Wei Wang, J.J. Po-An Hsieh, and Baoxiang Song, “Understanding User Satisfaction with Instant Messaging Use: An Empirical Survey Study,” International Journal of Human-Computer Interaction, 2012, 28(3), pp. 153-162.
- J.J. Po-An Hsieh, Arun Rai, and Sean Xin Xu, “Extracting Business Value from IT: A Sensemaking Perspective of Post-Adoptive Use,” Management Science, 2011, 57(11), pp. 2018-2039.
(Nominated for 2011 Annual Best Paper Award by Management Science)
- J.J. Po-An Hsieh, Arun Rai, and Mark Keil, “Addressing Digital Inequality for the Socio-economically Disadvantaged through Government Initiatives: Forms for Capital that Affect ICT Utilization,” Information Systems Research, 2011, 22(2), pp. 233-253.
(2012 Annual Best Published Journal Paper Award awarded by the Organization Communication and Information Systems (OCIS) division of the Academy of Management)
- Yu-Che Wang, Kuei-Chu Hsu, Sheng-Hsun Hsu, and J.J. Po-An Hsieh, “Constructing an Index for Brand Equity: A Hospital Example,” Service Industries Journal, 2011, 31(2), pp. 311-322.
- J.J. Po-An Hsieh and Vincent Cho, “Comparing e-Learning Tools’ Success: The Case of Instructor–Student Interactive vs. Self-paced Tools,” Computer and Education, 2011, 57(3), pp. 2025-2038.
- Sheng-Hsun Hsu, J.J. Po-An Hsieh, Ting-Chih Chih, and Kuei-Chu Hsu, “A Two-stage Architecture for Stock Price Forecasting by Integrating Self-Organizing Map and Support Vector Regression,” Expert Systems With Applications, 2009, 36(4), pp. 7947-7951.
- J.J. Po-An Hsieh, Arun Rai, and Mark Keil, “Understanding Digital Inequality: Comparing Continued Use Behavioral Models of the Socio-economically Advantaged and Disadvantaged,” MIS Quarterly, 2008, 32(1), pp. 97-126.
- Wei Wang, J.J. Po-An Hsieh, John Butler, and Simon Hsu, “Innovate with Complex Information Technologies: A Theoretical Model and Empirical Examination,” Journal of Computer Information Systems, 2008, 49(1), pp. 27-36.
- J.J. Po-An Hsieh, and Wei Wang, “Explaining Employees Extended Use of Complex Information Systems,” European Journal of Information Systems, 2007, 16(3), 216-227.
- Ricardo Checchi, J.J. Po-An Hsieh, and Detmar Straub, “Public IT Policies in Less Developed Countries: A Critical Assessment of the Literature and a Reference Framework for Future Work,” Journal of Global Information Technology Management, 2003, 6(4), 45–64.