- Ph.D., Georgia State University
- MBA, East Texas State University
- M.S., University of Tennessee
- B.A, Murray State University
- seniors housing
- house prices
- corporate real estate
Dr. Gibler specializes in understanding housing prices and their relation to consumer preferences as well as corporate real estate management. Her main area of research has been the preferences and behaviors of seniors when choosing retirement housing in the US, Europe, and Asia. Her articles have appeared in such publications as the Journal of Consumer Affairs, Housing Policy Debate, Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Journal of Property Research, Journal of Real Estate Research, and Real Estate Economics. She is the executive director of the International Real Estate Society. Dr. Gibler serves on the editorial board of several journals including Seniors Housing and Care Journal and the Journal of Real Estate Research.
- Zahirovic-Herbert, Velma and Karen M. Gibler. “Historic District Influence on House Prices and Marketing Duration.” Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics (forthcoming 2014).
- Gibler, Karen M. and Anna-Liisa Lindholm, “A Test of Corporate Real Estate Strategies and Operating Decisions in Support of Core Business Strategies.” Journal of Property Research 29:1 (2012): 25-48.
- Freybote, Julia and Karen M. Gibler. “Trust in Corporate Real Estate Management Outsourcing Relationships.” Journal of Property Research 28:4 (2011): 341-360.
Gibler, Karen M. and Paloma Taltavull, “Using Preferences for International Retiree Housing Market Segmentation.” Journal of Property Research 27:3 (2010): 221-237.