Dr. Techn. (Software Engineering), Aalborg University, Denmark
Ph.D., Oslo University, Norway
MSc. Computer Science, Aarhus University, Denmark
Business process innovation
Management of software organizations
Dr. Mathiassen is Georgia Research Alliance Eminent Scholar, Professor in the Department of Computer Information Systems, and co-founder of the Center for Process Innovation. Prior to coming to GSU he was professor at Aalborg University, Denmark. He has had visiting positions at Institute Theseus, France, Warwick Business School, UK, London School of Economics, UK, and Viktoria Institute, Sweden. He is on the editorial board of several international journals.
- J. A. Nielsen, L. Mathiassen and S. Newell. Theorization and Translation in IT Institutionalization: Evidence from Danish Home Care. MIS Quarterly, Vol. 38, No.1, 165-186, 2014.
- P. Levén, J. Holmström and L. Mathiassen. Managing Research and Innovation Networks: Evidence from a Government Sponsored Cross-Industry Program. Research Policy, Vol. 43, No. 1, 156-168, 2014.
- O. Henfridsson, L. Mathiassen and F. Svahn. Managing Technological Change in the Digital Age: The Role of Architectural Frames. Journal of Information Technology, Vol. 29, No. 1, 27-43, 2014.
- L. Mathiassen, M. Chiasson and M. Germonprez. Style Composition in Action Research Publication. MIS Quarterly, Vol. 32, No. 2, 347-363, 2012.
- R. Singh, L. Mathiassen, E. Astapova and M. Stachura. Sustainable Rural Telehealth Innovation: A Public Health Case Study. Health Services Research, Vol. 45, No. 4, 985-1004, 2010.