Our specialized master’s programs are designed for students who have an undergraduate degree (it does not have to be a business degree), and wish to study a discipline in greater depth. We offer these programs in two formats: a flexible format that allows full or part-time students to earn their master’s at their own pace (up to five years); and an accelerated, one-year format [...]
- Ph.D., Vanderbilt University
M.A., Western Kentucky University
LL.B., Foreign Affairs College
- International business
Cross-cultural negotiations and conflict
Comparative organizational behavior
Leigh Anne studies the roles of culture and cognition in negotiation, conflict management, collaboration, teams, and relationships in multicultural settings. Her research has appeared in Administrative Science Quarterly, Journal of Applied Psychology, Journal of International Business Studies, Journal of Cross-Cultural Psychology, and Management and Organization Review, among other outlets. She has been a visiting professor at Toulouse Business School in France, Peking University, and Nanjing University in China. She has consulted for Fortune 500 companies and the nonprofit sectors on conflict management and multicultural competency programs. Professor Liu has taught courses and workshops for undergraduate, MBA, MIB, Ph.D., and executive students on topics of international negotiation, multicultural competency, global management, and cross-cultural behavior.
- Zhang, J. Liu, L.A. & Liu, W. Trust and deception in negotiation: Culturally divergent effects. Forthcoming at Management and Organization Review.
- Liu, L.A., Inlow, L.B., & Feng, J.B. Institutionalize sustainable conflict management in organizations: Leaders, networks, and sensemaking. Forthcoming at Conflict Resolution Quarterly.
- Liu, L.A. 2014. Addressing reviewer comments as an integrative negotiation. Management and Organization Review, 10(2), 183-190. (Editorial)
- Liu, L.A., Ma, L., Chua, C-H., Zhang, Z-X, & Barzantny, C. 2013. The confluence of cultural richness and global identity in intracultural and intercultural negotiations. Academy of Management Best Paper Proceedings.
- Liu, L.A., Friedman, R.A., Barry, B., Gelfand, M.J., & Zhang, Z-X. 2012. The dynamics of consensus building in intracultural and intercultural negotiations. Administrative Science Quarterly, 57(2), 269-304.
- Adair, W.L. & Liu, L.A. 2011. Building shared mental models in multicultural multiparty negotiations: The dynamic process. Research on Managing Groups and Teams, 14, 57-78.