Ph.D. University of Maryland, Robert H. Smith School of Business
B.S. Information Systems, University of Maryland, Robert H. Smith School of Business
B.S. International Business, University of Maryland, Robert H. Smith School of Business
Software development teams
IT project management
Multilevel theory, methods, and analysis
Likoebe M. Maruping is an associate professor of Computer Information Systems in the J. Mack Robinson College of Business at Georgia State University. His research is primarily focused on the team design and team processes that enable software development teams to improve software project outcomes under dynamic and/or uncertain project conditions. He also enjoys conducting research on the use of collaboration technologies in team settings. Likoebe’s current research interests are in the multilevel mechanisms through which information systems phenomena unfold in team contexts. His research has been published in premier information systems, organizational behavior, and psychology journals including MIS Quarterly, Information Systems Research, Journal of Management Information Systems, Academy of Management Journal, Organization Science, Journal of Applied Psychology, and Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes. Likoebe currently serves as associate editor for MIS Quarterly and is on the editorial board of IEEE Transactions on Engineering Management. MIS Quarterly named him Reviewer of the Year in 2009 and Outstanding Associate Editor in 2013.
- Maruping, L.M., Venkatesh, V., Thatcher, S.M.B., and Patel, P.C. “Folding under pressure or rising to the occasion? Perceived time pressure and the moderating role of team temporal leadership.” Academy of Management Journal, forthcoming
- Maruping, L.M., and Magni, M. Motivating employees to explore and use collaboration technology in team contexts. MIS Quarterly, forthcoming.
- Windeler, J. B., Maruping, L. M., and Venkatesh, V. Systems development risk factors: The role of empowering leadership in lowering developers’ stress. Information Systems Research. Forthcoming.
- Windeler, J. B., Maruping, L. M., Reimenschneider, C., and Robert Jr., L. P. E-profiles, conflict, and shared understanding in distributed teams. Journal of the Association of Information Systems. Forthcoming.
- Matook, S., and Maruping, L. M. (2014). A competency model for customer representatives in agile software development projects. MIS Quarterly Executive, 13(2) 77-95.