- Ph.D., Michigan State University, 2011
- MBA, Michigan State University, 2005
- B.A., University of Macedonia, Thessaloniki, Greece, 2003
- Models and processes of objective and subjective well-being
- Affective and motivational processes
- Workplace Interactions
- Voluntary workplace behaviors
Dr. Dimotakis’ research focuses on the ways employees experience their work, and how these experiences affect the way they feel, behave, and interact with others around them. His work has been published in journals such as Journal of Applied Psychology, Academy of Management Journal, Personnel Psychology, and Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes.
- Ilies, R., Huth, M. L., Ryan, A. M., & Dimotakis, N. (2015). Explaining the Links Between Workload, Distress, and Work–Family Conflict among School Employees: Physical, Cognitive, and Emotional Fatigue. Journal of Educational Psychology, 107, 1136-1149.
- Ilies, R., Savani, K., Peng, A. C., & Dimotakis, N. (2013). Guilty and Helpful: An Emotion-Based Reparatory Model of Voluntary Work Behavior. Journal of Applied Psychology, 98, 1051-1059.
- Hannah, S. T., Schaubroeck, J. M., Peng, A., Avolio, B. J., Koslowski, S. W. J., Lord, R. G., Treviño, L. K., Dimotakis, N., & Doty, J. (2013). Joint Influences of Individual and Work Unit Abusive Supervision on Ethical Intentions and Behavior: A Moderated Mediation Model. Journal of Applied Psychology, 98, 579-592.
- Ilies, R., Curşeu, P. L., Dimotakis, N., & Spitzmuller, M. (2013). Leader Emotional Expressiveness and Relational Authenticity: Effects on Followers. European Journal of Work and Organizational Psychology, 22, 4-14.
Best Paper Award, EJWOP & Center for Creative Leadership, 2015.
- Dimotakis, N., Davison, R. B., & Hollenbeck, J. R. (2012). Team Structure and Regulatory Focus: The Impact of Regulatory Fit on Team Dynamics. Journal of Applied Psychology, 97, 421-434.
- Schaubroeck, J. M., Hannah, S. T., Avolio, B. J., Koslowski, S. W. J., Lord, R. G., Treviño, L. K., Dimotakis, N., & Peng, A. (2012). Leader Behavior and Ethical Culture Influences on Ethical Thought and Action. Academy of Management Journal, 55, 1053-1078.
Best Leadership Paper Award, Ian O. Ihnatowycz Institute for Leadership, Ivey Business School.
- Dimotakis, N., Conlon, D., & Ilies, R. (2012). The Mind and Heart (Literally) of the Negotiator: Personality and Contextual Determinants of Cardiac Arousal and Tangible and Intangible Outcomes in Negotiation. Journal of Applied Psychology, 97, 183-193.
- Spranger, J. L., Colarelli, S. M., Dimotakis, N., Jacob, A. C., & Arvey, R. D. (2012). Effects of Kin Density within Family-Owned Businesses. Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, 119, 151-162.
- Dimotakis, N., Scott, B. A., & Koopman, J. (2011). An Experience Sampling Investigation of Workplace Interactions, Affective States, and Employee Well-Being. Journal of Organizational Behavior, 32, 572-588.
- Ilies, R., & Dimotakis, N., & De Pater, I. E. (2010). Psychological and Physiological Reactions to High Workloads: Implications for Well-Being. Personnel Psychology, 63, 407-436.
- Ilies, R., Dimotakis, N., & Watson, D. (2010). Mood, Blood Pressure and Heart Rate at Work: An Experience-Sampling Study. Journal of Occupational Health Psychology, 15, 120-130.
- Judge, T. A., Ilies, R., & Dimotakis, N. (2010). Are Health and Happiness the Product of Wisdom? The Relationship of General Mental Ability to Educational and Occupational Attainment, Health, and Well-Being. Journal of Applied Psychology, 95, 454-468.