- J.D., Vanderbilt University School of Law
- B.A., Southern College
- technology and e-commerce
- mergers and acquisitions
- general corporate law
Sherman has more than 13 years of domestic and international experience as a corporate lawyer, representing primarily technology companies. She served as Vice President, Associate General Counsel and Assistant Secretary for Per-Se Technologies, Inc.(formerly Medaphis Corporation); and was an Associate at Powell, Goldstein, Frazer and Murphy, Corporate and Technology Department.
During her career in private practice, Sherman managed an in-house Legal Department; completed over 30 acquisitions; participated in numerous lawsuits, arbitrations and mediations; negotiated licensing, distribution, development and other technology-related contracts; prepared copyright and trademark applications; assisted in various securities filings; advised clients regarding various employment laws; and represented clients in loan transactions.
Sherman is a Board Member and Secretary of the Atlanta Compliance and Ethics (ACE) Roundtable as well as an Advisory Board Member of the Resource Planning Group, LTD. She is also a member of the State Bar of Georgia District of Columbia Bar, Atlanta Bar Association, Southeastern Academy of Legal Studies in Business, and the Academy of Legal Studies in Business.
- Sherman and Sherman, “How a Fortune-500 Process Can Help Your Firm Reduce Errors, 10 Solutions,” A Supplement to the Journal of Financial Planning, July/August (2007).
- Sherman and Oakley, “Pandemics and Panaceas: The World Trade Organization’s Efforts to Balance Pharmaceutical Patents and Access to AIDS Drugs,” 41 American Business Law Journal, No. 2/3, 353 (2004).
- Sherman and Mansfield, “The Graduate Legal Environment Course: A Student-Centered Entrepreneurial Approach,” 19 The Journal of Legal Studies Education, No. 2, 311 (2001).
- Sherman, Peggy B., “Feast or Famine: Issues, Problems and Procedures Relating to Massive Aid Relief Efforts with a Focus on the African Crisis,” 19 Vanderbilt Journal of Transaction Law No.2 (1986).