- Ph.D., economics, University of Michigan
- M.A., economics, University of Michigan
- B.A., Chinese studies, University of Denver
Dr. Prime is clinical professor of international business at the Institute of International Business, J. Mack Robinson College of Business, Georgia State University, and director of the Master of International Business program. Her teaching and research focus on international trade and development of emerging markets, with a particular emphasis on China’s economy and business environment.
Dr. Prime’s experience includes directing study abroad programs, taking more than 400 students to China and other countries; conducting field research in China, Taiwan and Hong Kong; traveling across most of China and living in Nanjing and Beijing for extended periods of time; analyzing China’s economy for the Center for International Research at the U.S. Bureau of the Census from 1991-1998; and working with companies on China strategy, business environment, negotiations and cultural understanding.
Dr. Prime is the founder and director of the China Research Center, a non-profit organization dedicated to research and education about contemporary China, and the managing editor of the center’s journal, China Currents. She also serves on a number of journal and community boards. Before joining the GSU faculty, Dr. Prime taught at Mercer University, Kennesaw State University, Carleton College and Emory University.
- “Exploring Wage Determination by Education Level: A U.S. MSA Analysis for 2005-2012,” (with Donald Grimes and Mary Beth Walker), Economic Development Quarterly, 30.3 (August 2016): 191-202. Published online before print February 11, 2016, doi: 10.1177/0891242416628995.
- China Currents: Special Edition 2015, Edited with James R. Schiffman. China Research Center, 2015. ISBN 978-0-9826415-4-5.
- “Emerging Market Challenges: Moving Beyond Trade to Promote the Middle Class and Avoid the Middle-Income Trap,” Mercer Law Review, Walter F. George School of Law, 65.3 (2014):733-758.
- China Currents: Special Edition 2012, Edited with James R. Schiffman. China Research Center, 2013. ISBN 978-0-9826415-2-1.
- “Determinants of Firm Leverage: Further Evidence from China,” (with Li Qi), Chinese Economy, 46.2 (2013): 74-106.
- “Sustaining China’s Economic Growth: New Leaders, New Directions?,” Eurasian Geography and Economics 53.6 (2012): 688-701.
- “Utilizing FDI to Stay Ahead: The Case of Singapore,” Studies in Comparative International Development 47.2 (2012):139-160.
- “Competitiveness in India and China: The FDI Puzzle,” (with Vijaya Subrahmanyam and Chen Miao Lin), Asia Pacific Business Review, 18.3 (2012):303-333.
- Taiwan’s Democracy: Economic and Political Challenges, Edited with Robert Ash and John W. Garver. Routledge, 2011.
- China Currents: Special Edition 2010, Edited with James R. Schiffman. China Research Center, 2010. ISBN 978-0-9826415-0-7.
- “Market Reforms and Consumption Puzzles in China” (with Li Qi), China Economic Review 20.3 (2009):388-401.
- Global Giant: Is China Changing the Rules of the Game? Edited with Eva Paus and Jon Western. Palgrave Macmillan, 2009. ISBN 978-0-230-61589-2.