Ph.D. Industrial Management, Clemson University
B.E. Mechanical Engineering, Osmania University (India)
Data mining / quantitative methods
Decision support systems
Nargundkar’s research interests are multidisciplinary, with emphasis on the application of quantitative methods for strategic decision support, and the improvement of teaching methods. He has published papers in journals such as the European Journal of Operations Research, Journal of Global Strategies and the Journal of Business Research, and is a recipient of the Excellence in Teaching award from the J. Mack Robinson College of Business.
- Samaddar, S., Nargundkar, S. “Interorganizational Information Sharing: The Role of Supply Network Configuration and Partner Goal Congruence”, Article in Press, European Journal of Operations Research, accepted January 2005.
- Nargundkar, S. and Priestley, J., “Assessment of Evaluation Methods for Prediction and Classification”, Neural Networks in Business Forecasting, Edited by G. Peter Zhang, IRM Press, 2004.
- Nargundkar, S., Stahl, M.J., & Karakaya, F., “Market Exit Barriers” Journal of Managerial Issues, Volume VIII, Number 2, Summer 1996.
- Green, R., Srivastava, A., Nargundkar, S. “An Empirical Evaluation of the Equivalence of categorical and continuous measures of diversity”, Journal of Business Research, 1993
- Srivastava, A., Nargundkar, S. “Corporate Diversification: Analysis of long term profitablility and risk characteristics” Journal of Global Stategies, 1992.