Frequently Asked Questions

Call 404-413-7115 to set up an appointment with your advisor. Advisors are assigned alphabetically, based on your last (family) name. See the list of advisors »

  • You can apply online through the Georgia State University Office of Undergraduate Admissions.
  • You can request an information packet containing an undergraduate paper application or reactivation form from the Georgia State University Office of Undergraduate Admissions.
  • You can send written requests to:
    Georgia State University Office of Undergraduate Admissions
    P.O. Box 4009
    Atlanta, GA 30302-4009
  • You may also call the Office of Undergraduate Admissions at 404-413-2500 to request an application. Visit the university's Office of Undergraduate Admissions website for more information.

Students are cautioned that prerequisites are enforced in many Robinson College of Business classes. At this time, the GoSOLAR system monitors only a small portion of the prerequisites, but students who register for any course without the necessary prerequisites are subject to administrative withdrawal from classes by the instructor, department, or college. Withdrawal usually occurs after all registration for that semester has ended and results in a loss of fees to the student. All course prerequisites are listed in the most recent edition of the Undergraduate Catalog with the course descriptions. Students should familiarize themselves with course prerequisites prior to registering. Practical/work experience and unequivalent coursework will not satisfy course prerequisites.

Overload Request forms can be obtained from the Office of Undergraduate Academic Assistance between 8:30 a.m. and 5:15 p.m. The office is located at 35 Broad Street (at the corner of Marietta and Broad streets), Suite 315. Do not sign the form without reading and understanding the following statements:

  1. The Office of Undergraduate Academic Assistance does not recommend an overload if the student is working more than 20 hours/week or if there are other circumstances (i.e. family obligations) that adversely affect the time the student has for studying and class attendance.
  2. The Office of Undergraduate Academic Assistance does not recommend an overload if the student does not have a 3.0 GPA.
  3. The student is totally responsible for the academic consequences of taking an increased load.
  4. The student is responsible for choosing courses for which he/she is eligible to register. This means that the requirements of proper course sequencing as well as all specific prerequisites must be met.
  5. If the student needs help in proper course selection, he/she is responsible for asking advice from the Office of Undergraduate Academic Assistance.
  6. The student is not eligible for reexamination in any course taken.
  7. The student's records will be reviewed to confirm that this is the one and only time that he/she has taken an RGTE overload (if RGTE restriction applies).

Unless specified otherwise, overflows (if any) are given at the discretion of the
instructor or administrative staff beginning in the regular registration period (formerly Phase II) for use during the remaining
regular registration days or late registration and are given on a first-come, first-served basis.

View overflow information »

Students must submit a transient application and, in many cases, a syllabus for each course. An advisor reviews the student’s file, prerequisites, residency requirements, GPA minimums, and so forth. If approved for transient status, a copy of the transient application is sent to the host school and the student.

Transient information overview »

Enrich your learning experience and join an organization that matches your interests. Student organizations are open to all registered GSU students.

Search for student organizations »

For information on currently chartered student organizations or how to charter a new student organization, call the Office of Student Activities at 404-413-1580, or come by Room 330 of the Student Center.

Top 10 reasons to get involved with student activities

  1. Students have the ability to establish mature, interpersonal relationships with other students, faculty, and administrators.
  2. Student activities act as an arena for testing beliefs, values, attitudes, and morals.
  3. It improves leadership and communication skills.
  4. Students learn to work effectively with and within a group.
  5. It solidifies personal identity through contact with diverse viewpoints.
  6. Students involved in student activities are more positive about their college experience.
  7. Students involved with student activities are more likely to graduate than students who are not involved.
  8. It allows students to apply learned concepts in real-life settings.
  9. Develop new friendships.
  10. Participation in co-curricular activities is the second most important factor in identifying potential managers and job success.

Auditing a course involves taking a class without receiving any academic credit or grade for that class. Current GSU students are eligible to audit courses with some restrictions. Special registration procedures apply for auditing a course: Students who wish to audit a course must secure permission from the professor teaching the course. Go to the Office of the Registrar to begin the process. Any requirements for prerequisites must be satisfied before registering to audit a course. Students may not transfer from audit to credit status or vice-versa after the last day to register for course credit. For more information regarding auditing a course, consult the most recent GSU General Catalog.

In the Robinson College, actuarial science courses may not be taken by auditors.

The following is a list of degrees/majors that are offered at the undergraduate level by the Robinson College of Business. Bachelor of Business Administration degree with a major in:

  • Accounting
  • Actuarial Science
  • Computer Information Systems
  • Economics
  • Finance
  • Hospitality Administration
  • Managerial Sciences
  • Marketing
  • Real Estate
  • Risk Management and Insurance

For more detailed information on these majors, consult the RCB chapter of the current GSU Undergraduate Catalog.

If you wish to change to a different major (or declare a major if you are currently undecided) within the BBA program, you will need to submit the Change of Major form to the Office of Undergraduate Academic Assistance.

If you wish to leave the BBA program to pursue a degree program that is part of another college on campus (such as the College of Arts and Sciences or the Andrew Young School of Policy Studies), you must submit the Change of College form.

Students who pursue a dual degree must work with both colleges involved when seeking advisement, as the OUAA will only be able to provide advisement and guidance for the BBA degree requirements.

View the dual degree application »