Transfer Credit

Transfer credits are evaluated with the intention of using every possible transfer credit to fulfill course requirements at GSU. There are a number of limitations as to where and how certain courses may be used, and sometimes questions as to what was covered in a particular course. When appropriate, we will request that you submit a syllabus to be evaluated by a faculty member. If you feel that you have already taken a course that is still required, please schedule an appointment with your advisor after reviewing the frequently asked questions below.

When coming from a system school, transfer credits may be applied more liberally. Core curriculum courses are used at GSU in the same way they were used at the transfer school, even if the course is not offered at GSU. In other words, if you complete areas A-E at a system school, you will have automatically satisfied areas A-E at GSU.
The two science courses must be LAB sciences. If the classes did not have labs, they cannot completely satisfy the requirements. If the courses did have labs but have not satisfied the requirements, you may need to submit a course description. See your advisor for more details.
The BBA program at GSU is very structured; there are few "free" electives, and we cannot make random or arbitrary substitutions (a math course requirement cannot be replaced with a history course, for example). We have made every effort to use all of your previous coursework, or to ask for more information when unsure about using a course to satisfy a degree requirement.
Assuming all previous coursework transferred in, there is still a residency requirement that would need to be satisfied. Students must take a minimum of 39 hours (13 courses) at the 3000/4000 level at GSU to be eligible for a GSU degree. Also, at least 50% (four classes for most majors) of the MAJOR AREA coursework must be done at GSU. This is to preserve the integrity of the degree. Additionally, 30 of the 39 hours of 3000/4000 credit required for residency must be courses taught by the Robinson College of Business.
Any credit from a 2-year school can ONLY be used to satisfy course requirements at the 1000 and 2000 level.
CIS and Accounting classes can only be used in the major area if they are less than 5 years old at the time of enrollment. See the catalog or your advisor for details.
While your previous grades will always be a part of your academic record, only your GSU GPA will be used to calculate academic standing, enrollment standards, and academic honors.
Generally, no. Requirements must be satisfied through coursework. (Note: HADM majors are required to complete an internship.)
The academic residency requirements state that at least half of the courses in your major area must be taken at GSU.
Submit a syllabus (a course description rarely has the depth of information necessary) of the course you took, along with a request for review of transfer credit form to the OUAA. The information you submit will be reviewed by a faculty member in that department, and a decision will be returned to you. Remember that courses taken at a 2-year school are not eligible to be applied toward 3000/4000-level requirements.
Course descriptions only describe in the broadest terms what will be covered in a particular class. A syllabus covers in far greater detail the true scope of the subjects taught, as well as listing the textbook and other course materials used. Contact the appropriate department from your previous school and request a copy. The syllabus should be from the term that you took the course.
Just taking the major area coursework may not give you the appropriate background to be successful in completing the degree. You will also be short of meeting the residency requirements. A bachelor's degree from an accredited school will automatically satisfy the core curriculum, however. Regardless of your previous transfer work, a maximum of 81 semester transfer hours may be applied toward a GSU degree.