Department of Finance
We offer an honors track in finance that comprises 18 credit hours taken over the course of two semesters. The accelerated curriculum provides Robinson’s most accomplished undergraduate finance majors with a deeper understanding of the discipline, a distinguished skill set, and a strategic advantage throughout their careers.
Why the honors track?
The rewards of this demanding elective sequence include:
- Developing enhanced critical thinking, communication and leadership skills.
- Team-based learning as part of a cohort of high-achieving peers.
- Gaining insider connections to national job markets, top graduate schools and Robinson alumni.
- Access to the signature programs student lounge located in the Delta Student Success Center.
- Participating in a signature experience on campus, which is based on students’ interests. Examples include a leadership role in the Finance Society or on the Portfolio Management Team, a finance-based internship, a field study class, representing Robinson in a major competition (such as the CFA Institute Global Investment Challenge) and a senior thesis.
The rigorous 18-hour curriculum covers:
- Advanced content for financial decision-making
- Financial spreadsheet modeling
- Case studies and projects spanning classes and semesters
- Developing leadership acumen and other soft skills
How to Apply
Early Action: Sunday, October 21, 2018
Regular Decision: Sunday, January 13, 2019
Dr. Craig K. Ruff
404-413-7322 | firstname.lastname@example.org
The next cohort of the Honors Track in Finance will start in spring 2019 and finish in fall 2019. The courses will meet on Monday and Wednesday between 11:00 a.m. and 3:30 p.m., and will include additional and accelerated content not offered to other students. There also will be two leadership and career-development sessions per semester that focus on critical teamwork, leadership and career skills.
Spring 2019 | nine credit hours
- FI 4000
- Fundamentals of Valuation
- FI 4020
- Financial Analysis and Introduction to Loan Structuring
Fall 2019 | nine credit hours
- FI 4080
- Financial Modeling – Excel
- FI 4320
- Corporate Financial Decision Making
- FI 4240
- Global Portfolio Management