While the institute is a distinct academic department in the Robinson College of Business, we cut across all other units of the college. International business itself is an eclectic field. As such, the institute integrates all business disciplines.
We aim to lead all urban, research-focused state universities as the indispensable source of knowledge, insights and education in the industry among key stakeholders — students, executives, scholars and public policy makers.
We have particular interest in cross-border business activities and the study of the political, cultural and commercial environment as well as the study of emerging markets — rapidly growing economies that are building a substantial number of middle-class consumers through market liberalization, institutional reforms, industrialization and privatization.
- Develop and train a new generation of global business leaders who possess a keen understanding of the competitive global economy, appropriate language skills and cultural experiences
- Be recognized for excellence in knowledge creation and dissemination that has the potential of advancing scholarship and shaping managerial practices in international business
- Promote and advance the internationalization of Robinson’s students, faculty and curriculum through innovative, global-focused programs that transcend boundaries of academic disciplines
- Establish a leadership position in global business education and executive training
- Create exceptional learning and career opportunities through engagement of students, scholars and practitioners
- Reach out to the community by serving the international business education needs of Georgia and serve as a vehicle for the university to keep in touch with the business community
- Become a resource of international business education and scholarship on a national and international level
- Conduct leading research and advance the knowledge domain of international business