Department of Marketing
The MAX Awards (Marketing Awards for Excellence) recognize the creative genius of marketers and marketing in Georgia.
Presented by Robinson’s Department of Marketing and the Atlanta Business Chronicle, the MAX Awards program is considered the most prestigious marketing awards event in Georgia. The awards honor the best in new products, services and ways to market developed in a designated calendar year. Entries are judged on the criteria of innovation, great marketing support and marketplace success. A portion of the proceeds from entry fees and the event are used to support an Outstanding Minority Marketing Student Scholarship Fund.
The MAX Awards are judged by the Georgia State Marketing RoundTable, a group of Atlanta’s top marketing executives.
26th Annual MAX Awards
Winners to be Announced February 20, 2019!
26th Annual MAX Awards Breakfast Event
The 26th Annual MAX Awards honor marketing innovations developed or launched in 2018 by Georgia based companies.
Wednesday, February 20th, 2019
7:30a.m. – 9:30 a.m.
The Georgia Aquarium
225 Baker St NW, Atlanta, GA 30313
Please join us to honor the finalists and announce the winners for the outstanding innovations in marketing.
Atlanta Hawks Basketball Club – State Farm Arena
Beautyrest – Be More Awake Campaign
Brown Bag Marketing – Petlocity
iFolio LLC – iFolio Digital Platform
Kids II – Baby Einstein and the Baby Einstein Magic Touch Piano
Mailchimp – Postcards
OTHRSource/Dragon Army – OTHRSource in-store retail support services
ParkMobile – Smart Parking App
- Describe how your new product/service/new way to market was innovative and cutting edge in the marketplace.
- Explain how the thought process and strategy was a departure from the conventional offerings in the market today.
- Note any ways that the entry has created a new segment of an established market or through its introduction transformed an existing established product or service category.
- Describe the marketing program that was used to support the introduction of the new product/service/new way to market.
- A premium is placed on entries that demonstrate cutting edge, insightful use of marketing techniques and media support, including digital or social media or other forms of strategic marketing.
- Provide documented evidence or information that supports the fact that the submission has enjoyed measurable marketplace success.
- Winning entries often provide detailed financial results, market share information, or other information that underscores the success of the submission.
- Judges are interested in how the submission has documented its ability to make a difference in society, improve business efficiency, solve a problem, or help consumers in some important way.
25th Annual MAX Awards Winners
Winners were announced Thursday, February 22, 2018 at the 25th annual Marketing Awards for Excellence at the Omni Hotel – The Battery at SunTrust Park. Three winners and five finalists were recognized for the MAX Awards. The awards honor innovations developed or launched in 2017.
InterContinental Hotels Group – Crowne Plaza – Plaza Workspace
Orkin – Bed Bug ProAct
Atlanta United – Unite and Conquer
The 2018 Lifetime Achievement Award Winner was Spurgeon Richardson, former CEO of the Atlanta Convention and Visitors Bureau.
Atlanta Business Chronicle
Georgia State University J. Mack Robinson College of Business, Department of Marketing
Atlanta Braves – SunTrust Park & The Battery Atlanta
Georgia Aquarium – Augmented Reality Animal Guide App
Georgia-Pacific LLC – Strength Has No Gender™
GP PRO – Dixie Ultra® SmartStock™ Automated Napkin Machine
Mitsubishi Electric Cooling & Heating – Zoned Comfort Solutions™
Proceeds from the event fund the Marketing RoundTable Outstanding Minority Marketing Student Scholarship.
Four senior undergraduate marketing students were awarded the scholarship:
Nekhena Campbell, Ely Denise Compres, Ralph A. Hernandez and Summer Stanley