Department of Risk Management & Insurance
The Department of Risk Management & Insurance is a world leader in risk management scholarship and education.
With one of the largest research faculties and risk management and insurance doctoral programs in the world, we are dedicated to understanding, quantifying and developing strategies for managing risks faced by individuals, organizations and society. We owe our success to an outstanding student body, high-achieving graduates, innovative faculty who are leaders in their respective fields and the generosity of our financial supporters and friends.
Points of Pride
- Center of Actuarial Excellence : named by the Society of Actuaries in December 2009. The Society of Actuaries' premier educational, research and professional organization.
- Undergraduate Insurance Program Ranked 4th in the Nation by U.S. News & World Report in 2021.
- Designated as a Global Center for Insurance Excellence by the International Insurance Society in 2018.
- Huebner Foundation: the leading foundation to support doctoral education in risk management and insurance is housed within the Department of Risk Management and Insurance
- The Department is supported by its own research foundation, the GSU Risk Management Foundation with an endowment that currently exceeds $15 million and is overseen by a board of 30 leading executives in the financial services and insurance industries.