Department of Risk Management & Insurance
March 10, 2020
Cancellation of the 6th Annual Riskies Awards
Due to circumstances related to the COVID-19 virus, the Executive Committee of the Georgia State University Risk Management Foundation Board of Trustees has made the difficult decision to cancel the 6th Annual Riskies Awards scheduled for the evening of March 12, 2020. We have greatly appreciated your patience during this rapidly changing situation. We will miss celebrating with you, but wanted to act out of an abundance of caution to ensure the health and safety of event attendees.
The Foundation, faculty, and students appreciate the significant financial and emotional contributions made by our sponsors and awardees. Congratulations to our awardees and event sponsors for their commitment to the risk profession and support of our students. We will follow up with you to determine the best next steps to honor our awardees and to recognize and engage with our sponsors.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact David Buechner at email@example.com or (404) 413-7816.
GSU Risk Management Foundation
Harold D. Skipper International Insurance Endowment
The GSU Risk management Foundation announces the establishment of the Harold D. Skipper International Insurance Endowment. This endowment is a fitting tribute to a man whose career as a scholar, leader, teacher, and ambassador has left a lasting impact on GSU and on international insurance.
The Riskies recognize active or retired business executives who have demonstrated a career of high achievement and service to the insurance, risk management or related industry.
These achievements and service align with the vision of the Department of Risk Management & Insurance in the J. Mack Robinson College of Business at Georgia State University. Recipients are selected by the Riskies Hall of Fame committee, which comprises emeritus faculty and Risk Management Foundation Board of Trustee members.
- Lifetime Achievement Award – Dr. Harold D. Skipper, Professor Emeritus, Georgia State University
- Icon Leadership – Frank Kinnett, Epic Insurance Brokers & Consultants
- Career Achievement Award – Bill Pieroni, ACORD
- Rising Champion Award – Eric Atwater, Aon
- Corporate Award – Atlanta RIMS
- Innovator Award – Phillip Naples, Layr
- Georgia State University Risk Management and Insurance Hall of Fame –
- Bruce Connell, Markel
- Bart Miller, Sterling Seacrest Partners
- Dr. Ellen Thrower, St. John’s University, Retired
- George Napoles ll, Jackson National Life, Retired
- Student Awardees – Changa Masaninga, Quantitative Risk Analysis and Management
- Student Awardees – Chloe Anais Ouedraogo, Bachelor Actuarial Science
- Student Awardees – Yingying Li, Master of Actuarial Science
- Student Awardees – Sharae Bey, Risk Management and Insurance
Locke Lord with Brian Casey
Merlinos & Associates
The Plexus Groupe
Federal Home Loan Bank of Atlanta
Georgia State Department of Risk Management and Insurance
Locke Lord with Brian Casey
McKesson Corp with Jane Sandler
Peachtree Special Risk Brokers with Elizabeth White
Strategic Risk Solutions
Sterling – James
New York Life Insurance
Bridger Insurance with Adam Litke
Ringler Insurance with Bill Wright