Department of Risk Management & Insurance
6th Annual Riskies Awards
Thursday, March 12, 2020 @ 5:00 p.m.
Cobb Energy Performing Arts Centre
At this year’s Riskies Awards, we will celebrate the establishment of the Harold D. Skipper Global Insurance Endowment. This endowment is a fitting tribute to a man whose career as a scholar, leader, teacher, and ambassador has left a lasting impact on GSU and on international insurance. Download and learn more.
The Riskies recognize active or retired business executives who have demonstrated a career of high achievement and service to the insurance, risk management or related industry.
These achievements and service align with the vision of the Department of Risk Management & Insurance in the J. Mack Robinson College of Business at Georgia State University. Recipients are selected by the Riskies Hall of Fame committee, which comprises emeritus faculty and Risk Management Foundation Board of Trustee members.
- Lifetime Achievement Award – Dr. Harold D. Skipper, Professor Emeritus, Georgia State University
- Icon Readership – Frank Kinnett, Epic Insurance Brokers & Consultants
- Career Achievement Award – Bill Pieroni, ACORD
- Rising Champion Award – Eric Atwater, Aon
- Corporate Award – Atlanta RIMS
- Innovator Award – Phillip Naples, Layr
- Georgia State University Risk Management and insurance Hall of Fame –
- Bruce Connell, Markel
- Bart Miller, Sterling Seacrest Partners
- Dr. Ellen Thrower, Jackson National Life, Retired
- George Napoles ll, St.John University, Retired
Locke Lord with Brian Casey
Merlinos & Associates
Peachtree Special Risk Brokers with Elizabeth White
The Plexus Groupe
Federal Home Loan Bank of Atlanta
Sterling – James
McKesson Corp with Jane Sandler
Bridger Insurance with Adam Litke
Ringler Insurance with Bill Wright