APPLY AS A TRANSFER STUDENT
In some cases, and depending on the program, transfer students may receive graduate degree credit for a course completed at another institution. Graduate students first apply through the regular admissions process for their program and then fill out any necessary paperwork to receive transfer credit.
Transfer of credit will be approved only under the following conditions:
- The course must have been completed at an institution with programs accredited by AACSB International - The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business - at the time the course was taken.
- The course must have been restricted to graduate students only.
- A grade of B or higher must have been received in the course. Exceptions to the minimum grade requirement will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis for students participating under terms of international dual-degree agreements.
- The content of the course must correspond to that of a Georgia State course required or permitted in the student’s program.
- Credit completed before enrollment in the current Georgia State program will be considered if it will not be more than seven years old at the time the student graduates.
- Credit completed elsewhere after enrollment in the current Georgia State program will be considered for transfer credit if it is within the time limit allowed for completion of the current program.
Transfer Students with 42 or More Credit Hours
To apply to Georgia State University as a transfer student and to declare a major in the Robinson College of Business, review the transfer admissions requirements. Once you have been admitted you will be referred to the Office of Undergraduate Academic Assistance in the Robinson College of Business for advisement.