Career Advancement Center
Each year hundreds of employers come to Robinson to recruit undergraduate and graduate students alike. They find Robinson students to be smart, energetic, diverse and capable. Robinson students are ready to roll up their sleeves and work hard to tackle today’s business opportunities.
Our accounting, taxation and finance programs have a long history of strong graduates, and the Career Advancement Center is pleased to offer companies multiple opportunities to meet these students.
If you are interested in hiring undergraduate and graduate students as well as alumni from the Robinson accounting, tax and finance programs, explore all the ways you can connect with our students and make them your next hire.
As most recruiting for our accounting students happens in the fall semester between September 1 and October 31, the Career Advancement Center offers career fairs, information sessions, open houses, corporate site visits, on campus interviews, company mixers and socials, student organization meetings, and classroom presentations during this time. We look forward to helping you develop a successful recruiting plan.
Meet the Firms
January 28, 2019
February 11, 2019
February 18, 2019
February 25, 2019
55 Park Place – 19th Floor
4:30pm to 6:30pm
Summer Leadership Event
February 1, 2019
55 Park Place 19th Floor
9:00am to 11:00am
Career & Internship EXPO
February 5, 2019
Hyatt Regency Atlanta
11:00am to 3:00pm
Accounting Recruiters Day
Late April 2019/Early May 2019
Morning of Accounting Banquet
Late April 2019/Early May 2019
Afternoon of Accounting Recruiter’s Day
- Late April 2019/Early May 2019
- Half day event that brings together firms and Robinson partners to collaborate on recruiting plans and provide feedback on recruiting process
- Designed to help firms create a high impact recruiting plan for the academic year
- Held at the beginning of the fall semester to help prepare students for recruiting season
- Activities include careers available, soft skills, resume review, and a mock career fair
- August 2019
Career & Internship Career EXPO
- Tuesday, February 5th 11:00am to 3:00pm
- Hyatt Regency Atlanta
- Open to all business majors – undergraduate, graduate, and alumni
- Held fall and spring semester. Fall semester recruiting is usually for internships and full time opportunities. Spring semester is usually for internships and leadership conferences
- Interviews may be held January 28 – April 12. Firms are encouraged to schedule interview dates early in the semester.
Contact for date availability and further questions
Firm representatives can visit accounting classes – undergraduate and graduate – to present on a specific topic or about opportunities available at the firm.
Career Advancement Center staff partner with organizations to bring a targeted population of students to visit their offices and learn more about their organizations
Participating in a student organization meeting as a guest speaker is a great way to meet students in a relaxed social setting.
The following accounting, tax and finance student organizations are active at Georgia State and can be accessed here :
- Beta Alpha Psi (BAP)
- Pan-Asian Leaders in Finance and Accounting (ASCEND)
- National Associate of Black Accountants (NABA)
- Association of Latino Professionals for America (ALPFA)
The Robinson College of Business values our relationships with firms seeking to recruit students from our accounting programs. If you have feedback about the accounting recruiting process or to learn more about supporting the School of Accountancy through sponsorships, scholarships, or serving as an advisory board member please contact:
Career Advancement Center : Jason Aldrich
Assistant Dean for Strategic Partnerships and Career Advancement