Career Advancement Center
Each year hundreds of employers come to Robinson to recruit undergraduate and graduate students alike. They find Robinson students to be smart, energetic, diverse and capable. Robinson students are ready to roll up their sleeves and work hard to tackle today’s business opportunities.
Our accounting, taxation and finance programs have a long history of strong graduates, and the Career Advancement Center is pleased to offer companies multiple opportunities to meet these students.
If you are interested in hiring undergraduate and graduate students as well as alumni from the Robinson accounting, tax and finance programs, explore all the ways you can connect with our students and make them your next hire.
As most recruiting for our accounting students happens in the fall semester between September 1 and October 31, the Career Advancement Center offers career fairs, information sessions, open houses, corporate site visits, on campus interviews, company mixers and socials, student organization meetings, and classroom presentations during this time. We look forward to helping you develop a successful recruiting plan.
April 27, 2018
Accounting Recruiters Day
August 15-17, 2018
Accounting Boot Camp for students
September 7, 2018
Accounting & Audit Employer Showcase
September 18, 2018
February 5, 2019
- Held annually in May
- Half day event that brings together firms, career services staff, program directors and faculty, and student organization officers
- Designed to help firms create a recruiting plan for Fall semester
- Held at the beginning of the fall semester to help prepare students for recruiting season
- Activities include careers available, soft skills, resume review, and a mock career fair
- August 15-17, 2018 4:30pm – 7:00pm
The primary tax student organization for undergraduate and graduate students
- Held at the beginning of the Fall and Spring Semesters to give students an opportunity to participate in tax-only recruiting and networking
- Meet the Firms Open House
Accounting Employer Showcase
- Held each September
- Open only to accounting, finance, and computer information systems students and alumni
- September 12, 2017, 11:00am to 3:00pm
- Held each September concurrently with the Accounting Employer Showcase
- Held each February or March as a standalone event
- Open to all business majors – undergraduate, graduate, and alumni
- September 12, 2017, 11:00am to 3:00pm
- Held fall and spring semester. Fall semester recruiting is usually for internships and full time opportunities. Spring semester is usually for internships and leadership conferences
- Interviews may be held September 10, 2018 thru November 2, 2018. Firms are encouraged to schedule interview dates early in the semester.
Contact for date availability and further questions
Firm representatives can visit accounting classes – undergraduate and graduate – to present on a specific topic or about opportunities available at the firm.
Career Advancement Center staff partner with organizations to bring a targeted population of students to visit their offices and learn more about their organizations
Participating in a student organization meeting as a guest speaker is a great way to meet students in a relaxed social setting.
The following accounting, tax and finance student organizations are active at Georgia State and can be accessed here :
- Beta Alpha Psi (BAP)
- Pan-Asian Leaders in Finance and Accounting (ASCEND)
- National Associate of Black Accountants (NABA)
- Association of Latino Professionals for America (ALPFA)
- Tau Alpha Chi – Tax Honor Society
The Robinson College of Business values our relationships with firms seeking to recruit students from our accounting programs. If you have feedback about the accounting recruiting process or to learn more about supporting the School of Accountancy through sponsorships, scholarships, or serving as an advisory board member please contact:
Career Advancement Center : Jason Aldrich
Assistant Dean for Strategic Partnerships and Career Advancement