Career Advancement Center
As part of the Panthership Shadow for a Day program, Robinson students will shadow employers for one day at their office and gain a behind-the-scenes perspective on working in a particular field.
Spring 2018 Dates
Monday, March 12- Friday March 16, 2018
Employers are encouraged to involve students in as many activities as possible and to facilitate interactions with various staff members and/or Robinson alumni.
During a typical shadowing day, a student ideally will:
- tour the facility
- engage in informational interviews, group or individual projects, case studies, etc.
- participate in a staff meeting
- discuss job opportunities at the company
- meet with a Robinson intern or college representative
- interact with multiple departments and leadership staff as well as human resources and recruiters
- one day, onsite
- 6-8 hours
Hosts are responsible for providing a beneficial and exciting shadowing experience for students. We do not expect company volunteers to establish an ongoing mentorship with students; that is at their discretion.
How do I volunteer to serve as a host?
We accept employer applications throughout the year.
Both undergraduate and graduate students from all Robinson programs are eligible to participate in Panthership Shadow for a Day. After applications are received, Career Advancement Center staff will review the materials, match students to employer hosts within their industry of interest, and make final selections. Accepted students are required to attend a mandatory orientation prior to participating the week of Panthership.
- Undergraduate students: 3.0 or higher GPA
Graduate students: 3.2 or higher GPA
- completed online application
includes attached resume
The application will be open from Monday, August 28 through Thursday, September 28 at midnight.