Career Advancement Center
Robinson’s CAC has partnered with VMOCK to help accelerate students’ career readiness at scale. The information on this page provides an overview of each module including videos, users guides and additional resources to help students get started.
VMOCK’s career acceleration platform (video) leverages the power of Artificial Intelligence (AI) to provide you with instant, personalized feedback in the following modules Smart Resume Editor, Career Fit (skills gap analysis), Aspire (LinkedIn Profile feedback), and Elevator Pitch (interview feedback) to help advance your career!
“Did you know”
- Over, 2,000 of your classmates have already used VMock!
- 75% have already improved their resume using VMock!
- VMock has helped students improve resume scores by an average of 17 points!
Step 1 – Login to VMOCK and utilize the Smart Resume Editor to draft your resume using the Robinson
Resume Templates following one of these 2 paths:
- Already have a resume? If you have a resume already, upload it to VMOCK and convert it to one of the Robinson Resume Templates.
- Don’t have a resume? Login in to VMOCK Smart Editor and use the Robinson Resume Templates to create a resume in Smart Resume Editor, then review the AI instant feedback. You can also look in Resources & Individual Assistance below.
Step 2 – Submit your resume draft and review your score. Utilize the feedback to make revisions and earn a score of at least 70. Please Note: students are provided with 10 resume uploads at the beginning of each academic year.
Step 3 – After you earn a score of at least 70, login to Handshake, upload your resume and complete your Profile before applying for jobs and internships, registering for career events, and scheduling individual career coaching meetings with CAC staff.
Step 4 – Return to VMOCK to also receive feedback on your LinkedIn Profile using Aspire, to assess your skills gaps using Career Fit and use the Elevator Pitch module to prepare to engage in person.
Smart Resume Editor uses machine learning to scan your resume to offer an instant, line-by-line review of your resume to make sure your resume stands out to maximize your job and internship search outcomes. The secure 24/7, real-time guidance from the platform assesses your resume’s impact, presentation, and competencies.
Please Note: students are provided with 10 resume uploads at the beginning of each academic year.
- VMOCK – Resume – Video Tutorial
- How To Guide (pdf)
- VMOCK Resume Best Practices - Video
- VMOCK – Graduate Student Resume - Video Tutorial
Career Fit helps you identify the best matching careers as well as explore career choices based on your resume and career aspirations. Using Career Fit, you get an assessment of your current ﬁt for target careers, as well as how you can minimize gaps to improve your ﬁt by using a deep scoring engine that provides the most accurate comparison of your resume benchmarked against your peers for a desired career track.
Aspire provides instant feedback on your LinkedIn profile with targeted and personalized recommendations for improving language, content, and keyword optimization. Using Aspire, you can strengthen your search engine ranking, improve profile visibility, and create a consistent story across 'LinkedIn' and 'Resume' for recruiters. Once you’ve updated your LinkedIn profile, apply the same tips to your Handshake profile!
Elevator Pitch analyzes your elevator pitch holistically and instantly reveals hidden, crucial, information about body language, enunciation, and content. It also allows you to watch your pitch and time-aligned feedback, making it much easier to understand feedback and rectify them. In addition, you can practice frequently asked interview questions.
Digital Career Toolbox
At Robinson, we see advancing your career as a rock climbing exercise. The work environment is volatile, career paths are uncertain, career decisions are complex, and career success is ambiguous. Career paths within organizations are no longer predictable, stable ladders to be climbed with the internal training and mentoring. As a result, individuals need to pro-actively develop their own career strategy in order to successfully navigate today's career rock climb.
The Digital Career Toolbox was designed to help you develop your career success strategy!
Use your campus id and password to access the Digital Career Toolbox
Virtual Walk-In Hours & Resume Review Workshops
Undergraduate Students are encouraged to start by accessing the following:
- Undergraduate Virtual or Face to Face Office Hours: Monday- Thursdays, 2pm – 4pm (ET). Register on Handshake
- Undergraduate Virtual Resume Workshops: Wednesdays, 12noon – 1:30 pm (ET). Register on Handshake
- Graduate 'Ask a Coach' Drop-Ins: Monday – Thursday 12:00PM – 1:00PM: No RSVP required, just login to Zoom here.