A business plan competition for early-stage to established entrepreneurs
The Envolve Award USA is an annual business plan competition designed to stimulate economic growth, innovation and social change by providing access to capital and critical business mentorship to the entire entrepreneurial ecosystem. It offers entrepreneurs the opportunity to win up to $25,000 in interest-free funding along with mentorship and individualized business support services.
This is the third year of the competition and its first in the Atlanta metro area – one of the broadest and most diverse entrepreneurial markets in the nation. Georgia State University’s Robinson College of Business is the Envolve Awards in-market partner, coordinating media, higher education and entrepreneurial organization outreach across the metro area.
Because this competition is designed to support the local economy and contribute to job creation in the region, businesses entering the competition must be based in the Atlanta area.
- Kiva, the international nonprofit which connects people through lending to alleviate poverty, will provide additional financing options.
- Members of SCORE, the nation’s largest network of volunteer, expert business mentors, will provide seasoned advice.
About the Awards
The Envolve Award USA is presented by Envolve Entrepreneurship, a 501(c)(3) organization committed to developing and cultivating entrepreneurial ecosystems. It is the social responsibility division of the Libra Group, a privately-owned international business group.
Past awardees from other markets
- Court Buddy, an online legal services access company (Miami)
- Watt+Flux, woman-owned LED retrofitting company (Bronx)
- Ginjan, a beverage company owned by Guinean brothers (Bronx)
- Spadét, beauty and skincare (New York)
- Sustainable Snacks, a food company (Bronx)
- SOP Technologies, environmental solutions, (Miami)
Entry deadline: Sept. 21, 2018
Finalists announced: Oct. 2018
Winners announced: Nov. 2018