Doctor of Business Administration
Priority application deadline for fall 2020 has been extended to April 30. Cohort size is 24 maximum. Once 24 accepted applicants enroll, any applicants accepted after that will be waitlisted for fall 2020. If seats do not become available, acceptances will be deferred to fall 2021.
Complete the online application. Application requirements include a copy of your most current résumé, essays, official transcripts, a $100 application fee, and proof of lawful presence documentation. See below for instructions on all components.
Please upload your full, detailed resume.
Essays should be 1-1.5 pages each and uploaded in the essay portion of your online application.
Your three essays questions are:
- Why do you want to obtain an Executive Doctorate in Business? What are your goals?
- What are your expectations of the program? How do you believe the program will help you achieve your goals?
- What is your strategy for successful participation, including plans for committing the time (usually 25-30 hours per week) and effort necessary to excel in the program?
Upload unofficial transcripts to your application for immediate review upon submission. Official transcripts are also required, sent directly to the program. Official copies can be sent after submission of your application. See below for instructions.
Send official transcripts for all college and university-level degree education (even if degree was not obtained) to:
The Executive Doctorate in Business Program
Georgia State University
c/o Jorge Vallejos
3348 Peachtree Rd. NE
Tower Place 200, Ste. 500
Atlanta, GA 30326
If the transcript is sent via E-script, please remit to:
c/o Jorge Vallejos
Applications will be reviewed by a selection committee comprising faculty and the directors of the Doctor of Business Administration program.
Potential candidates will be short-listed based on meeting criteria that include:
- Managerial experience in senior positions
- Capacity for conducting applied scholarship
- Compatibility of professional goals with the objectives of the Executive Doctorate program
- Motivation and commitment
- Master’s degree and coursework studied
Short-listed applicants will be interviewed by the selection committee, who will make final admission decisions.
Class size will be approximately 24 students.
International and domestic students follow the same application process. International Doctor of Business Administration applicants are not required to take the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or the International English Language Testing System (IELTS). However, they must provide proof of an F-1 or J-1 Visa.
The Doctor of Business Administration program does not accept transfer credits.