Shifting from Management Effectiveness to Leadership Excellence
The Business Aviation Leadership Program, designed in collaboration with business aviation experts from VanAllen, is a four-day, fast-paced, highly-interactive program designed to help you earn a Certificate in Business Aviation Leadership from a nationally-ranked business school.
The Business Aviation Leadership Program gives a strategic perspective supported by a blend of best practices in leadership development and best practices in business aviation, using multimedia presentations, industry case studies, and small-group exercises.
Aviation and excellence
The program focuses on personal leadership effectiveness, developing emotional intelligence, building productive teams, and creating strong links between aviation operations, business strategy and value creation. Participants consistently tell us they leave the workshop more confident and optimistic about their leadership capacity, and better equipped to engage in strategy-oriented discussions.
Certified Aviation Manager (CAM)
In accordance with the approval of the Certified Aviation Manager Governing Board, attendees of this program are entitled to three points toward completing the application to take the CAM Exam. Additionally, attendees already designated as a CAM will earn two points toward recertification.
The business leadership professors and the business aviation practitioners will deliver the program content using simulation activities, multimedia presentations, industry case studies and small-group exercises.
All participants should work in the aviation industry, but do not necessarily have worked at the executive level.
- Develop a competence-based leadership framework
- Understand your impact on others, and how you react in a team or leadership role
- Gain insight into your own Emotional Intelligence, and develop strategies for improvement
- Improve the quality of decisions using collaborative techniques
- Develop a methodology for driving change in your organization
- Develop peer coaching relationships that will extend beyond the week
Who Should Attend?
- Business aviation professionals who want to accelerate their success, and their careers by developing their leadership knowledge and skills
- Business aviation leaders who want to transition from being a good leader to being a great leader
- Business aviation leaders who want to create greater value by better aligning their unit with the corporation’s strategy
- Business aviation departments who want to improve team performance
Georgia State’s Buckhead Center
Tower Place 200
3348 Peachtree Rd. NE
Program begins Monday evening 6:30p.m. and runs Tuesday – Friday, 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. daily.
If you require lodging during the class we have a list of nearby hotels, some offering special GSU rates.
$4,500 per person, General registration fee
$4,050 per person, NBAA registration fee (discount code required.)
Fee covers all costs: tuition, books and materials, Business Aviation Leadership Certificate, breakfast and lunch, snacks, wireless Internet, on-site IT support, and parking in the Tower Place 200 parking structure.
To Pay by Check / Discounts
To pay by check or to confirm eligibility and obtain the appropriate discount code, send an email to email@example.com or call the Executive Education Center at 404-413-7300. Please note: Discount and promotion codes cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer, and must be entered at the time of registration. They cannot be applied retroactively. Price adjustments will not be issued.
- NBAA, Non-Profit Organizations, Military & Veterans, Company teams of 3+, and Past Program Participants – 10%
program practice director
Pete Agur is the chairman and founder of VanAllen. He works extensively with top executives, domestically and abroad, on business aviation issues. Pete is a popular consultant, speaker and author. He is a former military, airline and civil flight instructor.
CEO and business aviation practitioner
business aviation practitioner
instructor and executive coach
Robinson College of Business
Georgia State University