Project Management Certificate Program
Mastering the Skills to Lead Projects and Teams
Certified project managers are in high demand across many endeavors, disciplines and the professional services sector.
This course is a practical, hands on immersion in project management concepts and application—perfect for employees new to project management or those who have experience with the discipline but not formal training. We use exercises, simulations, cases and Microsoft Project to prepare you to manage projects in your company.
Organizations value effective project managers for their ability to integrate the best practices of project management with enterprise-wide initiatives in areas such as innovation, continuous improvement, new product introduction, and transformational change.
Earning a Project Management Certificate from Georgia State University will make it possible for you to manage projects in a wide range of contexts including product development, marketing initiatives and process improvement across a wide range of industries.
- Initiate a project by identifying project objectives and requirements, then write a concise project charter
- Employ a structured process for identifying and managing project stakeholders
- Organize the project via a project work breakdown structure and network diagram
- Estimate activity durations and generate a project schedule including the critical path
- Strategically balance project duration, cost, and scope objectives
- Develop a project resource plan and budget
- Monitor and control the progress of a project during execution
- Develop and implement a project risk management plan
- Master the unique leadership and conflict resolution skills required to lead a project team
- Gain proficiency in applying Microsoft Project© as an important tool in both project planning and project monitoring and control
Who Should Attend?
- Individuals who want to obtain an instant immersion into the project management field
- Individuals interested in developing a better understanding of how project management methodologies can improve project success—whether the projects are large or small
- Functional managers and team members in IT, Operations, Finance, Quality, Engineering, etc. who must work on integrated project teams
- Individuals who are responsible for managing multiple small projects that are undertaken simultaneously and changing on a regular basis
- Practicing project managers who want to take their skills to a higher level
- Managers and directors who want to effectively implement innovation initiatives
- Senior managers with oversight responsibilities for multiple projects
Classes available at Georgia State's Buckhead Center and Online
If you require lodging during the class we have a list of nearby hotels, some offering special GSU rates.
To Pay by Check / Discounts
To pay by check or to confirm discount eligibility and obtain the appropriate code, email email@example.com or call the Executive Education Center at 404-413-7300. Please note: Discount and promotion codes cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer, and must be entered at the time of registration. Discounts cannot be applied retroactively.
If you are out of work or under-employed, you may apply for funds from Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act.
Do the certification hours you offer in your certificate course count towards the 35 PDU hours the PMI require to sit for the PMP exam?
This course provides the 35 hours of project management education required to take the PMP exam.
What is the difference between the Project Management Certificate Program and a PMP exam prep course?
This GSU course is directed toward developing your project management skills and only indirectly toward passing the PMP exam. In a PMP prep course, participants would review hundreds of sample multiple choice questions. A true PMP prep course simply teaches participants how to pass the exam, not necessarily how to be an effective project manager. To view our PMP prep course, go here.
How is the Robinson Project Management Certificate Program different than other universities’ programs?
Our instructor has over 35 years of experience in the practical application of the structured project management methodology. Our course emphasizes the practical application of project management principles to projects. Our course includes a day on the use of an important tool, MS Project. Matriculation through the program is efficient and speedy, so participants can immediately apply their new skills and knowledge.
If I’m changing careers and new to the field, is this class a good introduction to project management? Does it cover foundational concepts or is it only for those who have experience in the field and looking to obtain their PMP License?
This GSU course is directed toward developing your project management skills and only indirectly toward passing the PMP exam. We focus on numerous exercises, simulations, and cases in order to put you in practical project management scenarios in which project team decisions must be made, project schedules and budgets must be generated, project risks must be evaluated, difficult team members must be managed, complex and conflicting stakeholder relationships must be resolved, corrective actions must be taken during project execution, and clear actions must be implemented. This GSU certificate program is, in fact, perfect for someone who wants to obtain an instant immersion into the project management field.