Successful companies worldwide use Lean Six Sigma to improve their processes, grow their bottom line and delight their customers. Demonstrate your track record of using business acumen and analytical skills within a proven process improvement framework to make a lasting contribution to any organization.
We developed our Lean Practice in 2004, and have helped thousands of managers improve performance at service and manufacturing companies around the world.
Get to know and build relationships with emerging and established leaders as you work through realistic, hands-on projects. We also host monthly community meetings where Black Belt projects are presented and speakers address leading-edge topics in process improvement.
Our instructors are Master Black Belts, hold doctorates and have years of top-level industry experience.
Both Six Sigma and Lean offer sets of tools that are dedicated to meeting customer requirements. A major component of this program is the DMAIC process.
- Define: Focus on the big picture, understanding customer requirements, project prioritization, chartering a project, scheduling, listening to the "voices" of the customers, the processes and the employees.
- Measure: Focus on gaining a competitive advantage through business analytics. Identifying inputs and outputs, types of measures, setting targets, data collection, root cause analysis and introduction to Minitab software.
- Analysis: Focus on diagnosis first, then action. Qualitative and quantitative analysis, process analysis, hypothesis testing, descriptive statistics, forecasting models, process flowchart techniques and benchmarking.
- Improve: Focus on process improvement as an engine for organizational growth by performing Kaizen events, developing potential solutions, creating the future state, optimizing solutions, evaluating risk, implementing new processes and doing service recovery.
- Control: Focus on implementing controls and developing standards. Evaluating financial benefits, monitoring process changes, understanding process capability, developing response plans and effective project closure.
- Individuals interested in developing an understanding of Lean Six Sigma and business analytics.
- Individuals who are responsible for planning and leading continuous improvement projects.
- Individuals who want to advance or change their careers by obtaining a Lean Six Sigma certification.
- Teams who want to work together to effectuate plans and implement high-priority projects.
- Proficiency in intermediate algebra and Microsoft Excel. We cover the Excel needed for LSS in class in the Green Belt, as well as an overview of basic statistics.
- We do not award Black Belt certificates until the student completes a Green Belt first.
- Students may complete their Green Belt certification at another company/institution, but approval is required in advance of our Black Belt program registration. Email a copy of your Green Belt certification to email@example.com for approval.
- Effectively apply Lean Six Sigma methods and tools.
- Clearly articulate the DMAIC Lean Six Sigma stages and objectives.
- Integrate business performance management with Lean Six Sigma methodologies.
- Drive performance improvements in existing and new initiatives.
- Become more effective team members for key cross-functional projects.
- Bring measurable improvements in customer satisfaction, product quality and profitability.
- Lead mission-critical transformational change initiatives that create sustainable corporate value.
- Introduction to Six Sigma, Lean, and performance management
- Introduction to Minitab and Excel for LSS
- Descriptive statistics
- DMAIC (Define-Measure-Analysis-Improve-Control)
- Effective teams and meeting management
Earn your Green Belt Certification by successfully completing the required group project work and assignments by course end.
- Black Belt project overview
- Multi-criteria decision making
- Estimation, hypothesis testing, and design of experiments
- Regression analysis
- Business intelligence/dashboards
- Lean implementation
- TRIZ (structured brainstorming)
- Control charts
- Change management
A pre-approved improvement project must be completed and presented within one year after the completion of the Black Belt workshop.
Please note: Discount and promotion codes cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer, and must be entered at the time of registration. They cannot be applied retroactively. Price adjustments will not be issued.
GSU’s Lean Six Sigma Green Belt program equipped me with a better understanding of the best practices necessary to be successful with process improvement projects.
- Vanessa, AllTech Industrial
"I learned so much that I can immediately apply in my work and bring demonstrable value to my employer."
– Elizabeth, CareSource
"Satish and Isabelle equipped us with the tools to complete a Lean Six Sigma Green Belt project, and I'm more confident in my ability to conduct a project for my organization."
– Ashley, City of Chamblee
LSS is a process improvement methodology for organizations desiring to do their work more efficiently and effectively. It is the blending together of The Toyota Production System (Lean Production) and Motorola’s Six Sigma methodologies. It is used in virtually every type of organization. The DMAIC improvement methodology (Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve, and Control) is the focus of the program.
Motorola retains the ownership of the Six Sigma methodology, and Toyota owns the Toyota Production System. However, they do not protect this intellectual property, as they both realized very early on that they could only be successful if their suppliers adopted the same approach. Then, in turn, their suppliers realized that they could not be successful unless the suppliers’ suppliers did so as well! This has been cascading backwards through the supply chain for many years. Today, many universities and consulting firms provide certification training. Most of these programs follow the American Society for Quality (ASQ) guidelines for Black Belt content/competencies.
Most of our graduates use their LSS certifications to pursue promotions, change career focus, or find new jobs. So many jobs today advertise that LSS certification is “desired," and those with LSS certifications are valued highly in the hiring process. Many organizations today are looking for people with analytics capabilities, as well as those who are good problem solvers. LSS certification is a desired credential for both of these opportunities.
Earn your Green Belt Certification by successfully completing the required group project work and assignments by course end. To earn a Black Belt Certification, a pre-approved improvement project must be completed and presented within one year after the completion of the Black Belt program.