PMP certified project managers are in high demand in nearly every industry.
Some recruiters divide resumes into piles based on those with and without certification. This four-day intensive course, taught in an interactive classroom setting, teaches you the types of questions that are likely to appear on the exam and how to successfully analyze and correctly answer them.
Why choose us?
Prepare with the best
The PMP exam prep course is designed and taught by Richard H. Deane, PMP, PE, Ph.D, a PMP certified world-class project management professor and practitioner with over 30 years of project management teaching and consulting experience.
Detailed and customized approach
This course provides all 35 contact hours required to take the PMP exam. Participants also receive a course text book and workbook with quizzes, exercises, and interactive lessons, as well as over 1,000 sample exam questions.
Going the extra mile
In addition to preparing participants for the exam, Dr. Deane can review and critique participants’ application package to ensure approval by PMI. Participants also can receive support, answers to questions, and other specialized attention after the class ends.
- Pass the PMP Certification exam.
- Describe the components of the PMP examination including the relative emphasis of different processes and knowledge areas.
- Develop an individual study plan for passing the examination with inputs from the instructor.
- Understand and differentiate the project management process groups, project management knowledge areas and the project management life cycle concept.
- Differentiate and describe and the common tools and techniques used with the process groups.
- Understand and describe the ordering of the key project management planning steps.
- Analyze and dissect different types of PMP examination questions.
- Learn how to effectively eliminate certain answers to increase the probability of isolating the correct answer to a PMP examination question.
- Understand and identify key ethical and professional practice questions that are likely to appear on the PMP examination.
Georgia State’s Buckhead Center
Tower Place 200
3348 Peachtree Rd. NE
Tuesday – Friday, 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. daily.
If you require lodging during the class we have a list of nearby hotels, some offering special GSU rates.
$1,250 per person, General registration fee
Fee covers: tuition, books and materials, lunch, wireless Internet access, on-site IT support, and parking in the Tower Place 200 parking structure.
To Pay by Check / Discounts
To pay by check or to confirm eligibility and obtain the appropriate discount code, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call the Executive Education Center at 404-413-7300. Please note: Discount and promotion codes cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer, and must be entered at the time of registration. They cannot be applied retroactively. Price adjustments will not be issued.
- Early Bird (30 Days Prior to Program Start) – 5%
- Non-Profit Organizations – 10%
- Military and Veterans – 10%
- Companies sending a team of three or more – 10%
- Past Exec Ed Program Participants – 10%
- GSU (Staff, Student and Alumni) – 15%
- Individuals just starting the PMP exam preparation process who need to prepare for the PMP® certification exam as quickly and effectively as possible.
- Individuals who have completed their educational requirements and need a “focused and intense refresher” course before taking the PMP exam.
- Individuals needing the educational course hours to take the PMP exam.
- Individuals desiring to have a “benchmarking experience” that will allow the development of a focused study plan to “identify and fill in missing knowledge gaps” that will increase the probability of passing the exam on the first try.
Richard H. Deane, PMP, PE, Ph.D.
Dr. Deane is professor emeritus in the Department of Managerial Sciences at the Robinson College of Business. His main interest is in the practical application of project management principles. Richard consults for organizations such as the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Acuity Brands, General Electric, Boys and Girls Clubs, ING, Caterpillar, and various public and private health organizations. He has won multiple teaching awards at Georgia State, Georgia Tech, and Purdue University. Richard is also a registered professional engineer and a certified Project Management Professional (PMP).