A Signature Experience Course
WomenLead in Business provides a unique opportunity to explore and develop practical skills, tools and solutions for effective leadership. Students learn from hands-on experiences, company visits, roundtable discussions, and mentoring with exceptional business and community leaders.
WomenLead in Business focuses on three themes:
- critical analysis of the economic and social value of women in the workforce
- a leadership development component that will demonstrate how personal characteristics, interpersonal influence, commitment, goal setting and power are necessary to be effective in the workplace
- professional signature experiences – the WomenLead courses provide Georgia State University students with real-world know-how, hands-on skills, and career connections that can make them job-ready now. It’s learning-by-doing, or “experiential learning”.
The course allows students to learn beyond the classroom and to prepare for success and leadership across all sectors of the economy.
By the end of the semester, students will develop a personal leadership strategy for the future and feel more prepared to “take on the world.”
WomenLead in Business: BUSA 3400 is open to Robinson students as well as non-business majors across Georgia State.
In order to be eligible for the course, you must:
- Be at the sophomore, junior or senior level
- Have completed at least 30 credit hours
- Have a 3.0 or higher GPA