A Signature Experience Course
WomenLead in Science: GEOL 4097 supports undergraduate students in any science major to realize their potential as effective, life-long leaders. It encourages students to integrate leadership ability, critical thinking, self-awareness and effective communication skills by providing access to faculty and community partners in STEM fields, networking and strategic career development.
WomenLead in Science focuses on three themes:
- Self-awareness and self-efficacy
- The crucial contribution of women to science and innovation
- Signature experiences and a leadership development component that demonstrates how personal characteristics, interpersonal influence, empathy, commitment and goal setting are necessary to be effective life-long leaders
WomenLead in Science: GEOL 4097 is open to Georgia State students in any science major.
In order to be eligible for the course, you must:
- Be at the sophomore, junior or senior level
- Have completed at least 30 credit hours
- Have a 3.0 or higher GPA