Flexible Master of Professional Accountancy
All students in the Flexible Master of Professional Accountancy program are required to take the following six courses:
- ACCT 8120 – Advanced Federal Taxation
- ACCT 8130 – Advanced Accounting Topics
- ACCT 8310 – Seminar in Management Accounting Systems
- ACCT 8610 – Advanced Topics in Assurance Services
- ACCT 8700 – Financial Statement and Business Analysis
- ACCT 8740 – Seminar on Internal Auditing
Students in this program have many options for elective coursework. You have the option of taking accounting based electives as well as approved electives from other disciplines within the business college. Some examples of elective courses that you can take included:
- ACCT 8391 – Field Study in Accounting
- ACCT 8680 – Security and Privacy of Information and Information Systems
- ACCT 8710 – Forensic Accounting CIS 8085 – Information and Information Systems Security Risk Management
- CIS 8630 – Business Computer Forensics and Incident Response
- MBA 8040 – Data Driven Decision Making
- MBA 8135 – Corporate Finance
For most applicants, the GMAT or the GRE will be required in order to be considered for admission to this program. However, you may be qualified to be considered for an alternative to submitting a score if you meet one of the following qualifications:
- You possess at least five years of full-time business experience that includes time within an accounting function or areas pertinent to accounting such as data analytics, finance, information technology or internal operational auditing.
- You already have earned an advanced degree (master’s, specialist or doctorate).
- You have passed all parts of one of the following rigorous professional exams: the bar exam, Chartered Financial Analyst, Certified Information Systems Auditor, Certified Internal Auditor or Certified Management Accountant.
- You have at least a 3.00 cumulative undergraduate GPA in accounting coursework with the equivalent of a bachelor’s degree in accounting.
*note these qualifications are guidelines. Test alternative requests are subject to faculty approval.
- The online application
- The $50 application fee
- An official copy of all your university transcripts for every university you have attended
- A copy of your resume
- Personal Statement
- Video Interview
- Letters of recommendation are optional