- business process innovation
- digital innovation
- information systems
- international business
- organizational behavior & human resources
- real estate
- risk management
Research is the main component of the Ph.D. program. Students are mentored by highly productive research faculty and are strongly encouraged to publish in scholarly journals and present research papers at national and regional conferences.
Students are also encouraged to attend Robinson’s Research Workshops. Robinson's Ph.D. program aims to graduate individuals who are sought after for faculty positions in research-oriented universities.
- Students play an active role in the design of the program of study during the coursework phase of the program.
- Students take 15 hours of research methods courses, 18 hours of discipline-specific coursework within their major, and nine hours dedicated to a secondary area of interest.
Both of our campuses are in the middle of Atlanta’s professional districts — an ideal location for the study of many business-related topics.
Most classes are held downtown. A few classes are offered in Buckhead.
- Ayan Ghosh Dastidar, a 2022 Ph.D. graduate in marketing, earned an honorable mention at the prestigious dissertation competition for the AMA/Howard Dissertation Award.
- Sarah Ku, a 2022 Ph.D. graduate in marketing and international business, "Brings Business and Sustainability Together" at Loyola University Chicago.
- “Founding Family Ownership and Firm Performance: Evidence from the Evolution of Family Ownership and Firm Policies,” by Chip Ryan of the Department of Finance and former doctoral student Huimin Li, has been accepted by Journal of Business Finance and Accounting.
- Sarang Sunder, a 2015 marketing Ph.D. graduate, has been named a Best 40 Under 40 Professor by Poets & Quants.
- Marketing students Kevin Barerra and Emily Webster (both dissertations chaired by Denish Shah) won the top awards at the recently concluded 6th Marketing, Strategy, and Policy Doctoral Colloquium and Conference hosted by Newcastle University, UK.
- Cazembe Monds a doctoral student in the Institute of International Business was awarded the Society of Business, Industry, and Economics' Student Research Award for his study titled: "Content Analysis on Marketing Campaigns: Instances of Bounded Rationality, Bounded Awareness, and Decision Making."
- “Cherry-Picking Industrial Properties in Opportunity Zones,” by Jon Wiley of the Department of Real Estate and doctoral student Hana Nguyen, has been accepted by Real Estate Economics.
- Hana Nguyen, PhD Candidate in Real Estate
- Carlos Nunez, PhD Candidate in Risk Management and Insurance
- Auburn University
- Baylor University
- Hong Kong University of Science and Technology
- Iowa State University
- Lehigh University
- Michigan State University
- Pepperdine University
- Texas A&M
- Texas Christian University
- University of Cincinnati
- University of Denver
- University of Leeds
- University of Ottawa
- Virginia Tech
If you've submitted an application and are looking for a status update or are following up with supplemental documents, contact the Office of Admissions – Graduate Programs:
Robinson College of Business
Georgia State University
P.O. Box 3989
Atlanta, GA 30302-3989
J. Mack Robinson College of Business
35 Broad St., Ste. 802
Atlanta, GA 30303