Robinson’s Ph.D. program in finance is designed to prepare outstanding and highly motivated individuals for successful careers in academia, government institutions or the private sector.
Students undertake a rigorous course of study based on economic and financial theory as well as applied methods. In addition to building the skills necessary for undertaking original research, the program gives students opportunities to develop collaborative relationships with leading research faculty in key areas of finance, including corporate finance, investments and financial institutions. Recent graduates from the Ph.D. program typically have obtained placements at major U.S. research universities and teaching institutions.
- Auburn University (Mo Shen, 2018)
- Tulane University (Sangho Lee, 2017)
- Baylor University (Qinxi Wu, 2017)
- Cleveland State University (Chen Cai, 2016)
- University of Alabama (Kevin Mullally, 2016)
- Lehigh University (Haibei Zhao, 2016)
In Spring 2020, Dr. Yuehua Tang (Ph.D. 2013, Finance) and Dr. Ryan Williams (Ph.D. 2012, Finance) were promoted to the rank of Associate Professor with tenure at the University of Florida and University of Arizona, respectively.
- Journal of Finance
- Review of Financial Studies
- Journal of Financial Economics
- Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis
- Management Science
- American Economic Review
Dr. Zhen Shi