All active students within Robinson’s Ph.D. program automatically become members of the Robinson Ph.D. Fellows student organization.
Robinson Ph.D. Fellows fosters a sense of community between doctoral students and facilitates as well as maintains valuable relationships with their peers and faculty. The organization aims to support students in their academic and professional development.
Key activities include but are not limited to:
- New student orientation sessions
- Lunch and Learn seminars focusing on topics of relevance to all Ph.D. students
- Sponsored travel to assist students in presenting their research at premier conferences in their field of study
Past seminar topics include:
- Insurance, taxation and investments
- Publishing in academic journals
- Surviving the comprehensive exams
- Developing a research agenda
- Job market and applications
- Mplus statistical modeling
- Institutional Review Board (IRB) process
- Dissertation: How to conceptualize, plan and execute