- Ph.D., information systems, Arizona State University
- MBA, Regis University
- B.S., computer science, Colorado Mesa University
- health IT adoption, assimilation, and outcomes
- consumer and patient-oriented ISs
- digital behavior change interventions (DBCIs)
- intellectual structures of Health IT research
Dr. Baird was hired into the Institute of Health Administration as part of the 2nd Century Initiative (2CI) Health IT Cluster, which sought to hire individuals focused on interdisciplinary health IT research. His research primarily focuses on health IT adoption, assimilation, and associated outcomes. He is particularly interested in adoption, assimilation, and use of EHRs, patient-facing ISs, telehealth, and online health communities.
He won the Early Career Award from the Association for Information Systems (AIS) in December 2017. He was also part of the team from the Institute of Health Administration that won the CAHME/Cerner Award for Excellence in Healthcare Management Systems Education in 2017, watch here.
He has collaborated with a variety health systems and agencies including Pruitt Health, Grady Health System, Mayo Clinic, and the Maricopa County Department of Public Health. Dr. Baird has served as a board member for Arizona HIMSS, Georgia HIMSS, and is currently a Research Associate for the Center for Health IT (CHIT), the Center for Process Innovation (CEPRIN), and the Social Media Intelligence Lab (SMIL).
- Davidson, L., Baird, A., and Prince, K. “Opening the Envelope of Health Care Information Systems Research,” Provisionally accepted at Information & Organization (scheduled to be published in 2018 in Issue 3).
- Baird, A., Davidson, L., and Mathiassen, L. (2017). “Reflective Technology Assimilation: Facilitating Electronic Health Record Assimilation in Small Physician Practices,” Journal of Management Information Systems, (34:3), 664-694.
- Baird, A., Miller, C., T. S. Raghu, and Sinha, R. K. “Product line extension in consumer software markets in the presence of free alternatives,” Information Systems Research, 2016 (27:2), 282-031.
- Baird, A. and T. S. Raghu. “Associating consumer preferences with business models for digital services,” European Journal of Information Systems, 2015 (24), 4-22.
- Baird, A., Furukawa, M., Rahman, B., and Schneller, G. “Corporate governance and the adoption of Health Information Technology within Integrated Delivery Systems,” Health Care Management Review, 2014 (39:3), 234-244.
- Baird, A., T. S. Raghu, North, F., and Edwards, F. “When traditionally inseparable services are separated by technology: The case of patient portal features offered by Primary Care Providers,” Health Systems, 2014 (3:2), 143-158.
- Rai, A., Chen, L., Pye, J., and Baird, A. “Understanding determinants of consumer mobile health (mHealth) usage intentions, assimilation, and channel preferences,” Journal of Medical Internet Research, 2013 (15:8 e149), 1-20.
- Baird, A., Furukawa, M., and T. S. Raghu. “Understanding contingencies associated with the early adoption of customer-facing web portals,” Journal of Management Information Systems, 2012 (29:2), 293-324