- Ph.D., information systems, Arizona State University
- MBA, Regis University
- B.S., computer science, Colorado Mesa University
- Health IT and Informatics
- Health Analytics
- Information Systems
Dr. Baird was hired into the Institute of Health Administration as part of the 2nd Century Initiative (2CI) Health IT Cluster, which sought to hire individuals focused on interdisciplinary health IT research. His research primarily focuses on health IT adoption, assimilation, and associated outcomes. He is particularly interested in adoption, assimilation, and use of EHRs, patient-facing ISs, telehealth, and online health communities.
He won the Early Career Award from the Association for Information Systems (AIS) in December 2017. He was also part of the team from the Institute of Health Administration that won the CAHME/Cerner Award for Excellence in Healthcare Management Systems Education in 2017, watch here.
He has collaborated with a variety health systems and agencies including Pruitt Health, Grady Health System, Mayo Clinic, and the Maricopa County Department of Public Health. Dr. Baird has served as a board member for Arizona HIMSS, Georgia HIMSS, and is currently a Research Associate for the Center for Health IT (CHIT), the Center for Process Innovation (CEPRIN), and the Social Media Intelligence Lab (SMIL).
- Baird, A. and Maruping, L. “The Next Generation of Research on IS Use: A Theoretical Framework of Delegation to and from Agentic IS Artifacts.” MIS Quarterly, Forthcoming.
- Singh, R., Baird, A., and Mathiassen, L. “Ambidextrous Governance of IT-enabled Services: A Pragmatic Approach.” Information & Organization, 2020 (30:4), 1-14.
- Baird, A., Angst, C., and Oborn, E., “Health Information Technology,” in MIS Quarterly Research Curations, Ashley Bush and Arun Rai, Eds., http://misq.org/research-curations, June 20, 2018; updated September 2020. doi: 10.25300/06212018.
- Baird, A., Kibbe, B., and Lesandrini, J. “Stakeholder Bias in Best Practice Advisories: An Ethical Perspective.” JAMIA Open. 2020 (3:2), 142-145.
- Baird, A., Sumner, A., and Xia, Y. “How U.S. Hospitals can Overcome Barriers to Automation of Electronic Clinical Quality Measurement (eCQM).” Health Management, Policy and Innovation, Spring 2020 (5:2), 1-14.
- Baird, A. and Olivera, W. “Health Information Sharing and Exclusion in the Age of COVID-19.” Health Management, Policy and Innovation, 2020 (5:1 Special issue on COVID-19), 1-12.
- Chen, L., Baird, A., and Straub, D. “A Linguistic Signaling Model of Social Support Exchange in Online Health Communities.” Decision Support Systems, 2020 (30), 1-12.
- Chen, L., Baird, A., and Rai, A. “Mobile Health (mHealth) Channel Preference: An Integrated Perspective of Approach-Avoidance Beliefs and Regulatory Focus.” Journal of the Association for Information Systems, 2019 (20:12), 247-265.
- Chen, L., Baird, A., and Straub, D. “Fostering Participant Health Knowledge and Attitudes: An Econometric Study of a Chronic Disease-Focused Online Health Community.” Journal of Management Information Systems, 2019 (36:1), 194-229.