- Ph.D., University of Houston (Management)
- MBA, University of Texas at Austin (Entrepreneurship & Finance)
- B.A., Stanford University (Economics & International Relations)
- strategy implementation
- lean principles of management
- performance measurement systems
Professor Tawse joined the managerial sciences faculty in 2018. His teaching focus is business strategy and strategy implementation. Dr. Tawse received his Ph.D. from the University of Houston, where he received the University Teaching Award for graduate students.
Professor Tawse has over 20 years of business experience, serving as the CEO of a start-up acquisition company in the oil and gas industry, an executive and lean consultant for the Kaizen Institute, and as a CPA for Price Waterhouse Coopers in Silicon Valley. Professor Tawse likes to bring his experience into the classroom, inspire students through the discussion of business cases, and help his students understand gain a practical understanding of what it means to be a good manager and an effective leader.