- Ph.D., Pennsylvania State University
- PGDBM, IMI, New Delhi
- B.E., computer science, Mumbai University
- empirical modeling of marketing strategy issues
- Bayesian modeling
- business-to-business marketing
Alok R. Saboo is the Taylor E. Little Jr. Professor of Marketing and Director of the Master of Science in Marketing program at J. Mack Robinson College of Business, Georgia State University.
Dr. Saboo is primarily interested in leveraging data and analytics to improve the effectiveness of firms’ marketing actions and helping firms increase the returns on their marketing investments. His research falls in three broad areas: 1) enhancing outcomes of organizational actions such as mergers and acquisitions or product recalls, 2) developing dynamic marketing resource allocation approaches, and 3) improving marketing actions such as those related to innovation and customer management. His research is published or forthcoming in premier journals including Marketing Science, Journal of Marketing Research, Journal of Marketing, Management Information Systems Quarterly (MISQ), Production and Operations Management (POMS), International Journal of Research in Marketing (IJRM), and the Journal of Service Research (JSR). He currently serves on the editorial review boards of Journal of Marketing Research, Journal of Marketing, and Journal of Business Research and regularly serves as a referee for several top-tier journals
Dr. Saboo is a 2019 Marketing Science Institute (MSI) Young Scholar and was named by Poets and Quants as one of the Top 40 under 40 Business School Professors Worldwide in 2017.
Alok teaches product and brand management at the undergraduate level and marketing management at the graduate level. He received his Ph.D. in marketing from the Pennsylvania State University. Before joining the Ph.D. program in 2007, he worked as a product manager at ICICI Prudential Life Insurance and as a CRM consultant at Tata Consultancy Services Ltd.
- Kumar, V, Alok R. Saboo, Amit Agarwal, and Binay Kumar, “Generating Competitive Intelligence with Limited Information: A Case of Multimedia Industry,” Production and Operations Management Journal, Forthcoming.
- Sharma Amalesh, Alok R. Saboo, and V. Kumar, “Investigating the Influence of Characteristics of New Product Introduction Process on Firm Value: The Case of the Pharmaceutical Industry.” Journal of Marketing, 2018, 82 (5), 66-85.
- Saboo, Alok R., V Kumar, and Ankit Anand, “Assessing the Impact of Customer Concentration on IPO and Balance-Sheet Based Outcomes.” Journal of Marketing, 2017, 81 (6), 42-61.
- Lam, Son K., Stefan Sleep, Thorsten Hennig-Thurau, Shrihari Sridhar, and Alok R Saboo, “Leveraging Frontline Employees’ Small Data and Firm-Level Big Data in Frontline Management: An Absorptive Capacity Perspective,” Journal of Service Research, 2017, 20 (1), 12-28.
- Saboo, Alok R., Amalesh Sharma, Anindita Chakravarty, and V. Kumar, “Influencing Acquisition Performance in High Technology Industries: The Role of Innovation and Relational Overlap.” Journal of Marketing Research, 2017, 54 (2), 219-238.
- Saboo, Alok R., Anindita Chakravarty, and Rajdeep Grewal, “Organizational Debut on the Public Stage: Marketing Myopia and Initial Public Offering.” Marketing Science, 2016, 35 (4), 656-675.
- Saboo, Alok R., V. Kumar, and Insu Park, “Using Big Data to Model Time-Varying Effects for Marketing Resource (Re)Allocation.” MIS Quarterly, 2016, 40 (4), 911-939.
- Saboo, Alok R., Ramani, Girish, and V. Kumar, “The Impact of Brand Loyalty on Brand Sales in a Social Media Marketing Environment: An Empirical Assessment.” International Journal of Research in Marketing, 2015, 33 (4), 2016, 33 (3), 524-541.
- Wang, Rui, Alok R. Saboo, and Rajdeep Grewal, “A Managerial Capital Perspective on Chief Marketing Officer Succession.” (Equal Contribution; Authors listed in random order). International Journal of Research in Marketing, 2015, 32 (2), 164–178.
- Saboo, Alok R. and Rajdeep Grewal, “Stock Market Reactions for Customer and Competitor Orientations: The Case of Initial Public Offerings.” Marketing Science, 2013, 32 (1), 70-88.