- Ph.D., University of Texas at Austin
- MBA, University of Texas at Austin
- M.A., University of Texas at Austin
- B.F.A., Middle Tennessee State University
- consumer behavior
- marketing communications
- services marketing
Cobb-Walgren specializes in advertising and consumer behavior. Her primary research interests include the measurement and management of brand equity, services advertising, and environmental influences on advertising response.
Cobb-Walgren’s research has been published in several journals, including Journal of Advertising, Journal of Advertising Research, Journal of Retailing, Journal of Public Policy and Marketing, and Journal of Services Marketing. She has consulted for organizations such as the Georgia Bar Association, Coca-Cola, and Trees Atlanta. In 1997 she was awarded a presidential fellowship to advise the university on marketing and advertising issues. She received the 1997 Georgia State University Instructional Innovation Award. She has also received the Distinguished Professor Award given by the GSU Mortar Board Senior Honor Society for excellence in teaching.
- Cobb-Walgren, Cathy J. and Lois Mohr, "Symbols in Service Advertisements." Journal of Services Marketing 12, 2 (1998): 129-49.
- Cobb-Walgren, Cathy J., Cynthia A. Ruble, and Naveen Donthu, "Brand Equity, Brand Preference, and Purchase Intent." Journal of Advertising 24, 3 (Fall 1995): 25-40.
- Johnson, Rose L. and Cathy J. Cobb-Walgren, "Aging and the Problem of Television Clutter." Journal of Advertising Research 34, 4 (July/August 1994): 54-62.
- Ellen, Pam S., Joshua L. Wiener, and Cathy J. Cobb-Walgren, "The Role of Perceived Consumer Effectiveness in Motivating Environmentally Conscious Behaviors," Journal of Public Policy and Marketing 10, 2 (Fall 1991): 102-17.
- Cobb-Walgren, Cathy J. "The Changing Commercial Climate." Current Issues and Research in Advertising 13, 1-2 (1990): 343-63.