- Ph.D., Virginia Tech
- M.A., Washington University in St. Louis
- B.S., Virginia Tech
Craig Ruff, Ph.D., CFA is the Assistant Dean for Undergraduate Programs and Clinical Associate Professor of Finance at the J. Mack Robinson College of Business at Georgia State University. Craig was formerly a vice president in the Educational Products department at the CFA Institute and associate editor of the Financial Analysts Journal. He has also worked in the areas of equity valuation and quantitative portfolio analysis for Atlanta Capital Management, an institutional money management firm. Prior to originally joining Georgia State in 1991, Craig was a senior economist at the Federal Home Loan Bank of Atlanta, where he specialized in interest-rate-risk modeling and mortgage-derivative products. At Georgia State, Craig also has served as the assistant dean for Executive Education.
Craig’s research and practice interests are in investments, and he has published articles on interest-rate risk and hedging in both academic journals and practitioner publications. He has also co-authored a set of cases on international asset management that now reside in the Darden and INSEAD case collections.
Craig has won the college-wide teaching awards at both Georgia State University and Georgia Tech, and he has his Ph.D. in finance from Virginia Tech. Craig is a CFA charterholder, a former trustee for the CFA Society of Atlanta, and currently serves as a senior adviser (formerly, the director of research) for Decatur Capital Management, an asset-management firm. He also founded and previously directed Robinson’s Honors Track in Finance. He is the faculty adviser for ASIC (Atlanta Student Investors Club), on the board of the ASFIP Foundation, and a member of the University System of Georgia’s Retirement Advisory Committee.
- Ruff, Craig, James Gilkeson and John List, "Evidence of Early Withdrawal in Time Deposit Portfolios," Journal of Financial Services Research (Volume 15, Number 2, 1999).
- Ruff, Craig, James Gilkeson and Sylvia Hudgins, "Testing the Effectiveness of Regulatory Interest Rate Risk Measurement," Journal of Economics and Finance (Volume 21, Number 2, Summer 1997).
- Ruff, Craig, j. McNulty, G. Morgan, and S. Smith, "Estimating the Minimum Risk MAturity Gap: Some Evidence From the Savings and Loan Industry," Managerial Finance (Volume 23, Number 1, 1997).
- Ruff, Craig, and James Gilkeson, "Valuing the Withdrawal Option in Retail CD Portfolios," Journal of Financial Services Research (Volume 10, Number 4, 1996).