- Ph.D. (Management Science) University of South Carolina
- M.S. (Statistics) University of South Carolina
- B. Eng (Electrical Engineering) University of Mumbai, India
- Healthcare Operations
- Sustainability Issues in Supply Chains
- Service Operations
Dr. Goradia's research interests include healthcare operations, supply chain management, and sustainability. Specifically, she is interested in studying hospital and policy-level factors that enable efficiency and effectiveness in healthcare. She is also interested in examining factors that impact global supply chains, outsourcing, and companies' sustainability actions. Her work primarily utilizes large datasets derived from primary and secondary sources. Her research has been published in premier journals such as the Journal of Operations Management (JOM), Production and Operations Management (POMS), Manufacturing and Service Operations Management (MSOM), and Decision Sciences Journal (DSJ). She is the winner of the 2016 Elwood Buffa Dissertation Award, winner of the 2021 Chan Hahn Best Paper Award at the OSCM division of AOM, and a finalist for the 2019 Jack Meredith Best Paper Award at the JOM division at the Academy of Management (AOM).
She has taught courses in Data and Supply Chain Analytics at the graduate level and Business Statistics, Operations Management, and Supply Chain Management at the undergraduate level. She has also led sessions at the Executive MBA level on Managing Healthcare Operations.
Dr. Goradia is an associate editor at JOM and on the Editorial Board at DSJ and POMS. She also serves as a reviewer at other premier journals, such as the Journal of Management Information Systems, MSOM, and the Annual AOM conference.
Before returning to academia, she worked in strategic sourcing and business planning at one of India’s top business houses.
- *Wani, D., Malhotra, M. and Venkataraman, S. 2018. Impact of Competition on Process of Care and Resource Investments. Journal of Operations Management, 57(1) 23-35
- *Wani, D., Malhotra, M. 2018. Does the Meaningful use of Electronic Health Records Improve Patient Outcomes? Journal of Operations Management, 60(3) 1- 18.
- *Wani, D., Dong, Y., Malhotra, M.K. and Xu, K., 2021. Emerging Market Penetration and Emissions Performance. Decision Sciences, 52(1), pp.283-324.
- *Wani, D., Malhotra, M. and Clark, J., 2021. Strategic Service Design Attributes, Customer Experience, and Co‐Created Service Choice: Evidence from Florida Hospitals. Production and Operations Management, 30(1), pp.210-234.
- Lan, Y., Chandrasekaran, A., Goradia, D., Walker, D. Collaboration Structures in Integrated Healthcare Delivery Systems: An Exploratory Study of Accountable Care Organizations. Forthcoming at Manufacturing and Service Operations Management.
- Chandrasekaran, A+, Goradia, D. +, Lan, Y. + 2022. Ancillary Cost Implications of Physicians Multisiting And Inter-Organizational Collaboration During Healthcare Delivery. Production and Operations Management Journal, 31(2) pp.561-582.
+ Equal contribution by all authors, authors listed alphabetically
*Note: First four papers published under maiden name: Wani